Security Camera System

shinegull

I am currently using a EufyCam system with a total of 1 Doorbell, 1 Backyard Cam and 1 Frontyard Cam, with 1 extra, to reduce camera downtime.

I'm finding that sometimes, the cameras will not record in early morning sometimes when its cold-ish. Also sometimes, recording may not be a full recording, but a partial messy one with skipping a second here and there. the only upside was that it was wireless and lasted a couple months before i need to charge it.

So I am considering a replacement security cam system, and looking for suggestions. I have considering wired options, and even considered putting together a more in house option, with pc for it.

the things I would need the security cam system to provide is the ability to have more cameras than I have now, to maybe about a dozen cameras ( or cameras with a really wide range of view.) the ability to view it from both pc and mobile phones and notification alerts if there is someone incoming. It would also need to work year round, so as I live in Canada, I would expect it to function properly even in minus 0 (and lower temperatures), regardless of weather.

I should also add that if its a wire option, i might need it to be a wall plug in option, we've got an old house, so not sure where (or how) to even pull a wire through the wall.