Liquid screen protector?

Ripred

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on this stuff and experience of those who might have used it, seems like an interesting option for those who don't buy into the apple or samsung ecosystem and have issues finding good screen protector and cases

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

They're a royal PITA to install, and I just don't find them a very compelling option when tempered glass protectors are readily available for almost any phone you could think of.

I own an LG phone and had no issues at all finding a tempered glass screen protector. Can't find them in stores because they obviously only carry Samsung and Apple shit, but online it's easy peasy.

I never really understood tempered glass screen protector, protecting glass with glass

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

I used to sell liquid screen protectors when I worked for Staples several years back for $20 a pop. They were hailed as the next big thing and we were told just as scratch/drop resistant as the latest screen protectors on the market. In practice? They were worthless. Only moderately effective at scratches and even then their effectiveness wears off after about six months from normal use, since the oils on your fingers slowly but surely file any protection away. A $5 tempered glass one from Amazon does a better a job.

If you're looking to try something new, try film. They are more difficult to install and are not as impact resistant as TG, but honestly they are much better at scratch resistance and they won't crack and spiderweb like TG will. They ain't perfect but I've found them comparable at least, especially if you already possess a drop resistant screen (like the Galaxy active series way back).

On 5/29/2021 at 9:42 AM, lotus10101 said:

I never really understood tempered glass screen protector, protecting glass with glass

From my understanding it's used as a buffer from the actual screen, protecting mainly the digitized layer beneath the glass and taking the brunt of any impact, since a crack in the actual screen can affect touch reception and sensitivity. But with TG it takes all the punches. At least that's how I was told the reasoning behind it, I know it sounds kinda weird when you think about it though.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro