Stubborn RGB won't turn off even when unplugged

Go to solution Solved by Maruder007,

Hi all!

So, earlier this year I built my very first PC. A week ago I got a new case and moved everything into it. It's working great, but I have a small issue. The RGB lights of my aio pump and its two fans won't turn off when I shut down my PC. It looks as if they were powered by the power that remains in the system, as they remain dimly lit with a random color, and a different color for each component although they're daisy chained to the same header in the MB. And if I switch off the PSU, they remain lit. I haven't tested how long they last, but with the PSU off they'll turn off if I press the power button for 3 to 5 secs.

My MB has two argb headers, and these components are connected to one that I didn't use before. The rest of my argb case fans are connected to a hub that goes to the other header, and they'll turn off normally.

Any insight?

Components:

Processor: RYZEN 5 5600X

Motherboard: MSI B550 MPG GAMING CARBON WIFI

AIO: Masterliquid Ml240l 

Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh with 3 argb case fans in addition to the 2 of the AIO

PSU: ASUS ROG STRIX 750G 80 Plus Gold 750W

GPU: RTX 3070 TUF GAMING

Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE PRO @ 3200 mhz

Hi all!

So, earlier this year I built my very first PC. A week ago I got a new case and moved everything into it. It's working great, but I have a small issue. The RGB lights of my aio pump and its two fans won't turn off when I shut down my PC. It looks as if they were powered by the power that remains in the system, as they remain dimly lit with a random color, and a different color for each component although they're daisy chained to the same header in the MB. And if I switch off the PSU, they remain lit. I haven't tested how long they last, but with the PSU off they'll turn off if I press the power button for 3 to 5 secs.

My MB has two argb headers, and these components are connected to one that I didn't use before. The rest of my argb case fans are connected to a hub that goes to the other header, and they'll turn off normally.

Any insight?

Components:

Processor: RYZEN 5 5600X

Motherboard: MSI B550 MPG GAMING CARBON WIFI

AIO: Masterliquid Ml240l 

Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh with 3 argb case fans in addition to the 2 of the AIO

PSU: ASUS ROG STRIX 750G 80 Plus Gold 750W

GPU: RTX 3070 TUF GAMING

Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE PRO @ 3200 mhz