[HELP] How to overclock my i5 2500k? :/

Hey guys, Im kinda new to overclocking and I want to overclock my 2500k for upcoming titles and stuff.

What do I have to do to get my 2500k to 4.5Ghz or 4.8Ghz.

Keep in mind that I'm a noob at this. :)

Possible air cooling solutions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Greetings from germany

He explains everything.

Thanks for the video, but isnt there a shorter one. I dont feel like watching a 60 minutes long video step by step. 

Edit: Im sure he wil tell me a lot I already know about other computer related things.

yeah...life is shot just kill your 200$ cpu ;D If you really don't know how to overklock a 2500k you should really watch this

Okay, I guess thats right. 

Turn up the multipliers one by one testing each setting for at least a few hours before moving onto the next setting. When you cant get any higher STABILY, raise your voltage by .05~.1 if you need to and keep going. the highest you want your temps to go is the mid 80's so please mind that

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Well for starters make sure you're not running the stock Intel 1155 cooler, a good affordable aftermarket cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212+. If you read your motherboard manual it will have all the information about what each setting does for the CPU, I suggest looking through it and familiarizing yourself before you start. Something I would do in your position is looking up i5 2500K overclock settings for your specific motherboard model. Not all motherboards are made equal, usually you can get a good idea of what settings you should be running at based on other people's experiences with your specific motherboard. For starters I would recommend going up the the Max Turbo Frequency of the 2500K (3.7Ghz) once you get that stable go from there. Of course do this all at your own risk 

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

If you don't know anything then I really think a 60min video is barely breaking the ice bro. Not something to cut corners on IMO.

Set multi to 45x and put voltage at 1.40. If that doesn't work then more volts. If it does work then slowly lower volts until blue screen. Be ready to clear cmos some times. Hope you have a decent air cooler, I never OC on stock heatsink. 

CPU: 5950x @ 4.5ghz All core OC perm GPU: GTX 3090 RAM: 128gb DDR4 

also going to want prime95; CPU-z;hwinfo; Intel burn test 

Thanks for the info :D that helps a lot. Actually I was thinking of buying the Cooler Master Hyper 212, so thats cool.

yep ive bought a couple 212's. You really cant beat them until you start spending $50-60

Hey guys, I just realised that I got a Asus P8 H67-M Pro motherboard. Can I OC with board?

I just went on the Asus website and checked it. They say: Yes. But I heared somewhere that it isnt possible. Maybe it was just a rumor confusing me right now.