ADVISE - Mac or PC

jumpa

Budget (including currency): 50000 (INR) for PC or Macbook air m1

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video editing, Remote Desktop (VMware), MS applications

Other details Hello everyone,

So could anyone advise either mac or pc for beginner (Video editing)

I don't know anything about editing, just gonna start.

Thanks in advance.

Jumpa

It's going to depend on the software. If it's available only for one platform, then that's what you go with.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Thank you... i would like to learn final cut pro and adobe as well, i am more into a windows guy, but after watching M1 macbook videos i like it, i never used PC for my personal use before, so after watching watching custom PC build videos i am interested in that as well, i use VMware Client for office work, LOL it's confusing, i am thinking like making a custom windows PC in a moderate budget after getting comfortable with video editing and when next gen of macbook releases i can go for that.

Your opinion please....

Thanks in advance !

Jumpa

Whatever one you are more familiar with. If you grew up using Windows then go Windows. If you have some specific program you use then you should go with whichever one works with your program.

Since all the programs you mentioned work on both Windows and Mac, I would recommend whatever OS you are familiar with.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go mac M1.

All my systems are windows for editing in davinci but there's been so much effort put into the M1 ecosystem for final cut and premier that they seem to be moving in the right direction for professionals.

But it's a big investment with that ecosystem, dongles for sd card adapters, speakers are great but not quite the same as headphones (another interface +dongle) and future upgrades don't exist yet (but neither do graphics cards for pc)

Ipad pro M1 should also be on your list, touchscreen editing is so much faster for most beginners and the screen is amazing.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it