What ROM do you use?

Have you installed a custom ROM in your phone? If so, then please, do comment why you choose that ROM, what you like and dislike about it and why you use a custom ROM rather then stock ROM.

I will start:
On my S2 i9100 I use stock Samsung jb4.1.2 ROM with philz kernel. I used to have CM10.1 ROM, but I wanted features of Samsungs ROM like smart stay and so on. I would recommend CM10.1 ROM to everybody - it is quite stable, very fast and it has a lot of features. The main disadvantage of Samsungs JB4.1.2 is slowlyness of their ROM. Honstely - jellybean should be butter smooth and yet it lags quite a bit compared to CM10.1

Have you installed a custom ROM in your phone? If so, then please, do comment why you choose that ROM, what you like and dislike about it and why you use a custom ROM rather then stock ROM.

I will start:

On my S2 i9100 I use stock Samsung jb4.1.2 ROM with philz kernel. I used to have CM10.1 ROM, but I wanted features of Samsungs ROM like smart stay and so on. I would recommend CM10.1 ROM to everybody - it is quite stable, very fast and it has a lot of features. The main disadvantage of Samsungs JB4.1.2 is slowlyness of their ROM. Honstely - jellybean should be butter smooth and yet it lags quite a bit compared to CM10.1

I use Slim Bean build 5 (Android 4.2.2) on the Xperia S.

You should really give it a try, it's just awesome... (I have just checked, there is a Galaxy S2 version as well :D )

Very stable and fast, a lot of options.

(link: http://slimroms.net/)

I use Slim Bean build 5 (Android 4.2.2) on the Xperia S.

You should really give it a try, it's just awesome... (I have just checked, there is a Galaxy S2 version as well :D )

Very stable and fast, a lot of options.

(link: http://slimroms.net/)

Awesome :) Downloading it write now.

SGS3 w/ CM10.1 Nightly builds.

Only removed the stock one because I was bored of it. It's nice to mess with more settings and such but the feeling of getting an update every day is so nice.

AOKP on my Galaxy SIII, specifically task650's AOKP because it's boss.  B)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Awesome :) Downloading it write now.

Nice  :D

Let me know what you think  :)

Nexus 4 with CM 10.1 v4.2.2 and Franco kernel. I love it.

I can easily get 10+ hours of battery life out of my phone with a reasonable amount of usage.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Running CM 10.1 nightlies on my ancient Galaxy S Captivate.

Nexus 4, CM10.1 with the franco kernel. Noticeable battery life gain, better game performance, and with CM I get a ton of nice features that I would absolutely miss if I went back to stock. 

Also on the topic of rooting, Light Flow is a ton better than using just the stock options for the LED, very very useful.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

Paranoid Android (4.2.2) On an i9300 GS3. Everyone who's device is supported by PA should give it a try (or a PA/AOKP hybrid) for the phablet UI and other visual tweaks you can do. I also get better battery life than stock and it's super smooth.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I use cleanrom on my Note 2 and.my Asus infinity tab. It's based off the stock roms so you can get the most speed out of it.I usually prefer stock based roms because I see the best battery, performance and less bugs

Running Paranoid Android on both my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. A very nice ROM. I really like the Pie navigation, and a plus is when friends try to use my phone or tablet they don't know how to navigate it X-D

Before I changed to PA I ran CyanogenMod which is also a super awesome ROM, I've used that ROM since back when I had a HTC Magic back when the first Android devices emerged.

Nexus 4, CM10.1 with the franco kernel. Noticeable battery life gain, better game performance, and with CM I get a ton of nice features that I would absolutely miss if I went back to stock. 

Also on the topic of rooting, Light Flow is a ton better than using just the stock options for the LED, very very useful.

I'm going to have to check Light Flow out. 

Running Paranoid Android on both my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. A very nice ROM. I really like the Pie navigation, and a plus is when friends try to use my phone or tablet they don't know how to navigate it X-D

Before I changed to PA I ran CyanogenMod which is also a super awesome ROM, I've used that ROM since back when I had a HTC Magic back when the first Android devices emerged.

I was going to keep Paranoid Android for that sole reason lol and the customization of the pie controls in that ROM. They're horribly implemented in CM 10.1 and don't work that well so I turned them off completely in favor of the static software keys.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

I'm going to have to check Light Flow out. 

I was going to keep Paranoid Android for that sole reason lol and the customization of the pie controls in that ROM. They're horribly implemented in CM 10.1 and don't work that well so I turned them off completely in favor of the static software keys.

Yeah I liked pie on PA on my Galaxy Nexus, the problem for me was that it only worked about 80% of the time and it slowed me down. I haven't tried it out on my N4 yet with PA, but having used it slightly on CM10.1, I'm thinking it won't be much different from the Gnex experience. 

Also the friends thing, that was kinda cool to start with, but it ultimately got really annoying having to try explain it over and over again. Even with the nav bars, they kind of can't seem to figure out how things in Android work... never had this problem with an iPhone, and funnily enough, that was because less people used it and never really wanted to use it. That's Android, it's far more interesting, but "harder" to learn.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

2x Galaxy Note II L900 CarbonRom 1.6 (4.2.2) - Still haven't updated to the latest 1.7 release.

Galaxy S2 D710 CarbonRom 1.6 (4.2.2)

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

SmoothROM v5.1 on my Nexus 7 with 3.1.10 franco kernel mainly because it's as it name suggest smooth and it has a good amount of customization option via AOKP.

Not a big fan of just installing a ROM and that be that so prefer ones with some customization available in case i do want to use it plus i do like trying different kernels out.

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

MIUI 2.3.30 (2.3.7 gingerbread) on my nexus one

so far this is the only rom that im satisfied in terms of features (esp. the awesome themes) :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k (4GHz OC) Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 760 2GB Reference Boot Drive: Plextor M6S 120GB

Data Drive: 2x mechanical drives PSU: SilverStone ST45SF Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX (modded w/ cpu+gpu watercooling)  :P

Phone: HTC Desire HD

Rom: JellyTime. I forgot which. R30, I think. Waiting for R8 of the 4.2.2. builds.

I rooted to get rid of the bloatware and went looking for a ICS rom when it became clear that HTC lied to us about the official update.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

HTC Desire HD with CodefireX 4.2.2 Jelly Bean SR12. I rooted because HTC wouldn't update past 2.3.6, and I can't stress how much I love the current stock Android UI. Complaints with the ROM? It is very laggy when free RAM starts approaching less than 50 MB, but that happens rarely. Anyway, its a more than 2.5 year old phone running the latest version of Android, what more could I want?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Nexus 4 with CM 10.1 v4.2.2 and Franco kernel. I love it.

I can easily get 10+ hours of battery life out of my phone with a reasonable amount of usage.

Have you tried philz kernel? As much as I heard it saves battery pretty well too.

I use the supported Cyanogen Mod rom for my HTC Desire S :P

Have you tried philz kernel? As much as I heard it saves battery pretty well too.

I myaswell check it out now that you've mentioned it.

On my Xperia Play my favorite was Slim Bean.

That rom just ROCKS, doesn't it?  :P

• 2 months later...

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM: Cyanogenmod 10.1 UNOFFICIAL jfltexx

I had the Galaxy S2 and for a long time I ran the stock ROM. After a while I decided to take the plunge and installed Cyanogenmod 9. It amazed me. My phone was much more responsive, had better battery life and no bloatware!

I had been rooted for many months before then though as I really do not like having demos of games I don't want to play and that I can't remove. (I can understand why they do put bloatware on though)

Pretty much the same reason this time around too except it was just Samsung's stuff that I didn't like (I do miss their camera app although I heard that someone's working on porting that to work on AOSP ROM's)

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS