Which GPU should I get?

krisdalbs

I've been looking for some GPUs for a while, and I'm trying to decide between the GTX 1060 and the RX580. From what I've seen, the GTX 1060 has slightly better performance, but the RX580 have 2gb more of vram. But I feel like I might be over estimating how much that 2gb or vram matters.

Where did you see the 1060 being faster? With modern drivers the 580 is like 15% faster than the 1060.

1 minute ago, Pixelfie said:

Where did you see the 1060 being faster? With modern drivers the 580 is like 15% faster than the 1060.

Oh damn really? Lmao never mind then. I'm guessing that mean the RX580 would be the better choice?

Just now, krisdalbs said:

Oh damn really? Lmao never mind then. I'm guessing that mean the RX580 would be the better choice?

Yep, unless you use OpenGL applications like Minecraft or emulators.

1 minute ago, Pixelfie said:

Yep, unless you use OpenGL applications like Minecraft or emulators.

Oh umm. Minecraft is something I'm gonna be playing a lot. Not the main game I'd be playing, but quite a big chunk of my gaming time. Would the 580 still be alright?

2 minutes ago, krisdalbs said:

Oh umm. Minecraft is something I'm gonna be playing a lot. Not the main game I'd be playing, but quite a big chunk of my gaming time. Would the 580 still be alright?

Should be fine, it will give you around 100fps. If you install Phosphor + Sodium + Lithium mod it will improve things a lot. 1060 would give around 300-400fps.

19 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Should be fine, it will give you around 100fps. If you install Phosphor + Sodium + Lithium mod it will improve things a lot. 1060 would give around 300-400fps.

Ohh okay. Yeah I think I'll stick with the RX580 though. Thank you!