Open Loop Water Cooling - NOOB Here

Go to solution Solved by bowrilla,
4 hours ago, KhaderKh said:

1- Do I need to get anything more, or this kit has all I need, I know I have to get Fluid Concentrate for coloring (https://citycenter.jo/gaming/gaming-diy-water-cooling/ek-cryofuel-250ml-solid-electric-purple-fluid-concentrate)

That's a different coolant concentrate, not just dye. You'd want to use dye unless you prefer opaque coolants (they WILL gunk up your system over tiem)

5 hours ago, KhaderKh said:

2- Should this kit fit in my Mif tower case (Asus Tuf GT501)

See the specs of your case - yes, a 360mm should fit in both front or top.

Generally, every G1/4" fitting will fit. If it's not made from aluminium it is basically no problem to mix. However look-wise you'd might want to make sure it's the same type of fitting AND the same colour. EK has "Nickel", "Black Nickel" and "Black" fittings for their EK Classic line. Pick whatever fits the colour of the kit's content. The only S 360 kit they list at the moment on their own website has "Black Nickel" fittings. Maybe they have other versions with "Nickel". 

4- How to mix the EK-CryoFuel Clear Concentrate with the coloring I want to buy in point 2?

You mean 1, I assume. Answer is:  you shouldn't. The included clear concentrate needs to be mixed with distilled water, just like the other concentrate you linked. While you can probably mix different transparent concentrates OR opaque concentrates, I am not sure you can mix them both. Opaque fluids will over time clog your system making a service flush necessary between every 6-12 months - probably even a full disassembly. Clear fluids are a lot more forgiving in this regard. Colour shifts are normal though and dyed coolants will over time discolour the tubing (potentially other components as well, but you usually can clean those unlikle the tubing). You can use dyes with both opaque and transparent coolants. That's a few drops of dye into the coolant and it takes the colour you want. You can also mix dyes. Do make sure the dye is compatible with the specific coolant.

OR you just bye a ready-made coloured coolant.

The included coolant and the linked one should not be mixed! You use either but both concentrates need to be mixed with distilled water (distilled! not just demineralized or deionized water!).

Hi,

I never built an open loop water cooling system before so I have few questions please.

Thinking of getting EK-Classic Kit S360 D-RGB Triple 120mm Liquid Cooling Kit as its supposed to be for noobs.

My questions:

1- Do I need to get anything more, or this kit has all I need, I know I have to get Fluid Concentrate for coloring (https://citycenter.jo/gaming/gaming-diy-water-cooling/ek-cryofuel-250ml-solid-electric-purple-fluid-concentrate)

3- Will these fittings work fine as I need more 90 degrees angled fittings (https://citycenter.jo/computer-hardware/computer-hardware-components/components-fan-and-heatsink/fan-and-heatsink-custom-liquid-cooling/ek-af-angled-90-g1-4-nickel?sort=p.price&order=DESC)

4- How to mix the EK-CryoFuel Clear Concentrate with the coloring I want to buy in point 2?

any other advices?

thanks,

4 hours ago, KhaderKh said:

That's a different coolant concentrate, not just dye. You'd want to use dye unless you prefer opaque coolants (they WILL gunk up your system over tiem)

See the specs of your case - yes, a 360mm should fit in both front or top.

Generally, every G1/4" fitting will fit. If it's not made from aluminium it is basically no problem to mix. However look-wise you'd might want to make sure it's the same type of fitting AND the same colour. EK has "Nickel", "Black Nickel" and "Black" fittings for their EK Classic line. Pick whatever fits the colour of the kit's content. The only S 360 kit they list at the moment on their own website has "Black Nickel" fittings. Maybe they have other versions with "Nickel". 

You mean 1, I assume. Answer is:  you shouldn't. The included clear concentrate needs to be mixed with distilled water, just like the other concentrate you linked. While you can probably mix different transparent concentrates OR opaque concentrates, I am not sure you can mix them both. Opaque fluids will over time clog your system making a service flush necessary between every 6-12 months - probably even a full disassembly. Clear fluids are a lot more forgiving in this regard. Colour shifts are normal though and dyed coolants will over time discolour the tubing (potentially other components as well, but you usually can clean those unlikle the tubing). You can use dyes with both opaque and transparent coolants. That's a few drops of dye into the coolant and it takes the colour you want. You can also mix dyes. Do make sure the dye is compatible with the specific coolant.

OR you just bye a ready-made coloured coolant.

The included coolant and the linked one should not be mixed! You use either but both concentrates need to be mixed with distilled water (distilled! not just demineralized or deionized water!).

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!