New laptop recommendation

Heya, my old laptop has finally crapped out so I need to get a new one and would like some recommendations
Size: 15" or smaller
Budget: Sub £1000
Workloads: Light CAD and FEA, Some Photoshop, Lightroom & Illustrator, Lots of Word/Excel.
Battery needs to last a decent amount of time. Would like it if it had a hinge where you could fold over the screen and/or a pen could be used on the screen, but thats just a nice have, nothing essential.
Doing the bulk of CAD and analysis on a proper desktop, so the CAD it needs to do is really very rough and pretty much just for rough concept designs on the spot.

does the graphics work you have to do require a color accurate display? cuz if so a used macbook might actually be a good option here if your CAD stuff runs on macOS... 

She/Her

I do most of the graphics work at home on a proper display, so that would also only be for rough stuff so the colour accuracy isn't to important as long as it is within reason. I have a friend who uses a 2018 macbook pro and he claims that it's not sufficient to do even rough work with CAD. Plus I am not really a fan of mac so I would prefer to stick to windows.

8 minutes ago, returnee said:

Battery needs to last a decent amount of time

2021 Macbook Air should be great. 

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, returnee said:

I do most of the graphics work at home on a proper display, so that would also only be for rough stuff so the colour accuracy isn't to important as long as it is within reason. I have a friend who uses a 2018 macbook pro and he claims that it's not sufficient to do even rough work with CAD. Plus I am not really a fan of mac so I would prefer to stick to windows.

get the hp omen with an 5800h rtx 3060 and 16 gb of ram

12 minutes ago, Betterthanever said:

Hi. Are you open to Clevo based laptops? + do you require UK Keyboard?

I am unfamiliar with clevo based laptops but based on what I just read I think I am open to them. The keyboard layout doesn't matter to much, I am already used to writing on keyboards with different layouts.

10 minutes ago, Betterthanever said:

Then there's this 14' model. Would it be OK for you to buy in USD? I am asking because that's the currency usually people buy laptops in on Linus.

https://buyclevo.com/en/laptop/NV40ME-D_1911_NvidiaGTX1650Ti

All you need to do after you decide to buy it is get a Win10 license and you are ready to go.

You got there i7 on your board + GTX 1650Ti so should be enough to run demanding programs. Battery in this model shouldn't be also a problem as it's Low power consuming version of i7.

Plus the design is Navy Blue. Check it out 😉

Looks good, especially for beeing 14" and having a proper GPU. I am fine buying stuff in USD, currency matters less as long as I don't have to ship an item here and pay import charges on it.