Effectiveness of the M1 MacBook Air Thermal pad mod on the M1 MacBook Pro

Heyo, first time posting on the forum. I wanted to ask, does anyone have any idea if the thermal pad mod for the M1 MacBook air would also be effective on the M1 Pro? I found a single video on YouTube that seems to indicate yes, especially if you tune the fan curve (though the modder seemed disappointed with the results).  Nevertheless, I wanted to try to get some advise one way or the other from someone who might know better (or maybe even has some experience c: )

Appreciate any insight!

Forget the idea. I don't get it, why people always do these pad things, when it's entirely unneccessary.

All you're doing is directing more heat to the Case, making it hotter to the touch.

On the Air, at least it won't throttle down under long 100% Load. But even then i would let it throttle by 10-15%, increase Render times by like <10%, and have a more cool Device to touch.

But on the Pro, it's absolutely worthless. There's a Fan, let it do it's job and get the heat out of the computer. It's not, like the Fan ever has to turn on, except those Benchmark-like Loads.

So the only diffrence would be under 100% Load: More heat is spread to the Case = less heat for the Fan to take away = Fans can be slightly lower. But the Case is hotter.

Only in this case, where you need every 100 rpm less on the Fan during 100% Load, it might help a bit. But i'd be surprised if there are any noticeable differences, even without testing like that Youtuber did.

If you never hear the fan on your machine in your workflow, there will be literealy zero difference.