Brand new PC stuck in boot loop - no startup repair

So i got a new PC:

• Ryzen 7 5800X - No OC + No integrated graphics
  • RTX 3060
  • 32GB RAM @ something over 3000Mhz
  • 850 Watts PSU
  • 1TB Crucial M.2
  • 1TB Crucial SSD (Boot drive)

My pc ran well until now, ive had it for 3 days. But now it is stuck in a boot loop when i start it. And no automatic repair is coming up. Im also not able to run Startup Repair. Its just black screen for 10 seconds, then a quick screen from win10 saying Restarting...

That all started after it tried to install a windows update on boot btw.

I did all the basic troubleshooting steps like re-seating the RAM and checking all the connections, both from the PSU and on the IO. I dont know what to do now, and sending it back would take ages and would be really hard for me right now, so i would try anything before that.

Also sorry for my bad english, in german.

Just now, Bentley100 said:

Maybe try reinstalling windows, i also found this website you can try. https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-a-windows-10-restart-loop/ 

Most of the troubleshooting steps on that website include booting to safe mode. That doesnt work for me either. It instantly restarts. I also have no FN key on my keyboard. Lastly my pc refuses to boot into Startup Repair and the advanced boot options. Ill see if ill reinstall windows if nothing else works though.

3 minutes ago, YuNii said:

Most of the troubleshooting steps on that website include booting to safe mode. That doesnt work for me either. It instantly restarts. I also have no FN key on my keyboard. Lastly my pc refuses to boot into Startup Repair and the advanced boot options. Ill see if ill reinstall windows if nothing else works though.

ok

Just now, Bentley100 said:

ok

can you go into the bios/ uefi settings

Grab a thumb drive and another PC if you can and make a Windows Recovery drive.

EDIT: If this started after a Windows Update, odds are you'll need to try Startup repair first. If that doesn't work try and roll back Windows to before the update was installed. I had this happen on my AMD CPU recently also, but was related to an "AMD SCSI" driver that had many issues for a ton of people. It got stuck in a boot loop but eventually system repair came up, which by the way.. Automatic repair doesn't come up until the system has failed to boot 3 times in a row.

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

1 minute ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

Grab a thumb drive and another PC if you can and make a Windows Recovery drive.

Thats a good idea

• 1 month later...

I'm in a similar situation.

Got a new case, CPU (R5 5800X), GPU (XFX RX 590 8GB)  and MOBO (ROG Strix x570-I Gaming) all bought from eBay (I know... but I've always built from eBay parts in the past, so this is the route I took...) Windows installation is on a new M.2 upgraded from 256GB to 1TB from my current system there's also a 2nd 2TB M.2 which is also running in my current system. Also, new 2x32GB RAM from Amazon (Ordered 3600, label says 3600 but BIOS says it's 2666. I'm starting to think that might be the problem). 

It's been a while since I built a PC. My skills are a bit rusty. Also, these parts are the only parts I have to get the system up and going. No spares or other pieces to swap. 

Got the CPU installed and AIO mounted, MOBO mounted in the case and the original GPU I got from ebay was DOA. I would turn on the system and nothing showed on screen. no integrated graphics so couldn't do anything. So I returned the GPU to the eBay seller and ordered another from someone else. After installing the new GPU, I got to the BIOS alert that states I need to enter bios to seset or repair something, I can't remember what right now.

So I try to reset the BIOS to default settings and after a save and exit, I get a bootloop. I have never seen the Windows installation or other startup screens other than the repair BIOS screen. BIOS sees all my hardware. I tried booting on one RAM in slot A1 only. I will try the other and try swapping the slots. I will also try removing the 2nd SSD, and try booting on a recovery thumb drive, all things I read to try since this occurred, just haven't yet. I'm just curious if I may have a bad CPU or MOBO. There's no way for me to test either any way else. 

I am planning to replace the ram as I paid for DDR4 3600 and the bios is telling me they are 2666. SO there's a start.

I'm open to any other suggestions. 

I realize I may be up a creek, but Like I said, I'm open. Let's call it an interesting problem solving case...

2 hours ago, cansler said:

I'm in a similar situation.

Got a new case, CPU (R5 5800X), GPU (XFX RX 590 8GB)  and MOBO (ROG Strix x570-I Gaming) all bought from eBay (I know... but I've always built from eBay parts in the past, so this is the route I took...) Windows installation is on a new M.2 upgraded from 256GB to 1TB from my current system there's also a 2nd 2TB M.2 which is also running in my current system. Also, new 2x32GB RAM from Amazon (Ordered 3600, label says 3600 but BIOS says it's 2666. I'm starting to think that might be the problem). 

It's been a while since I built a PC. My skills are a bit rusty. Also, these parts are the only parts I have to get the system up and going. No spares or other pieces to swap. 

Got the CPU installed and AIO mounted, MOBO mounted in the case and the original GPU I got from ebay was DOA. I would turn on the system and nothing showed on screen. no integrated graphics so couldn't do anything. So I returned the GPU to the eBay seller and ordered another from someone else. After installing the new GPU, I got to the BIOS alert that states I need to enter bios to seset or repair something, I can't remember what right now.

So I try to reset the BIOS to default settings and after a save and exit, I get a bootloop. I have never seen the Windows installation or other startup screens other than the repair BIOS screen. BIOS sees all my hardware. I tried booting on one RAM in slot A1 only. I will try the other and try swapping the slots. I will also try removing the 2nd SSD, and try booting on a recovery thumb drive, all things I read to try since this occurred, just haven't yet. I'm just curious if I may have a bad CPU or MOBO. There's no way for me to test either any way else. 

I am planning to replace the ram as I paid for DDR4 3600 and the bios is telling me they are 2666. SO there's a start.

I'm open to any other suggestions. 

I fixed this problem yesterday. I am assuming you have installed your RAM into slots 1 and 3. Install your DIMMs into RAM slots 2 and 4 and let me know how that works out for you.

EDIT: You also probably need to enable DOCP. Press F7 in BIOS to hit EZ Mode and ASUS has left you a button up front and center to do this with.

Happy to help.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi6)\\Ryzen 3 3100 OC 4.5GHz @1.26V\\Corsair H60\\G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666 CL19\\WD Black SN750 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe\\WD 1TB Storage HDD\\EVGA 600B\\Power Color Radeon RX6600 XT 8GB\\ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8" IPS 144Hz@1080p\\Corsair 220T RGB\\Corsair K55 RGB Pro\\Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

I am now able to boot. I think I figured out what it was.

Got my new RAM modules. (It's a Mini-ITX so only 2 slots) They are also set at 2666MHz.... What a Scam. I'll deal with that later. Anyhow, when I installed the new RAM, I did the startup and got into the BIOS again. I noticed there was a new BIOS released on the 17th or so. So I downloaded that, renamed it, and updated my BIOS. This time I paid closer attention to every setting and I noticed the Boot settings were set to an OS other than Windows. I set that to Windows and I got the thing to Boot!

Now I am dealing with migration issues. Again, every piece of hardware is different from the original PC except the SSD's. So now, I'm going through putting out little fires. Right now, all my Bluetooth devices are stuck in paired mode. I can't connect to them and I can't delete them. I am certain this is because of the Bluetooth controller having a different mac address (or it's Bluetooth equivalent). I'm now downloading and installing the latest drivers and starting there. I appreciate the response. Still not sure what DOCP is... If you feel like clarifying what that is I would appreciate the knowledge transfer. 

If anyone knows how to clear the Bluetooth connection cache, that would be awesome.

3 hours ago, cansler said:

They are also set at 2666MHz

Try to activate XMP profile in BIOS 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.