PC Parts for a friend

En3S
Go to solution Solved by Lairlair,

Hi from Germany too 😉

It looks like a good build yes. I have two suggestions: for the motherboard you can go with the MSI gaming edge WiFi. It's a bit cheaper and has great features. For the SSD get either the Samsung Evo 980 (to get the PCIe 4.0 connectivity) or another cheaper model maybe?

Pc part picker always gives this warning with B550 motherboards. You should be fine now, manufacturers most likely updated the bios. If not, there is a bios flashback option on both the MSI board I recommended and the Asus you picked. It means you can update the bios without any components on the motherboard, which is quite handy.

For the cooler you can try with the one that comes with the processor and see if you're happy with it's performance and noise level. If it doesn't meet your expectations just order a better one  (noctua makes great air coolers. They're not cheap but they're silent and good quality)

Budget (including currency): 700€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly for Gaming and it should browse smoothly

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

He already has a PSU (500 Watts Plus Gold) from an old Prebuild setup. He will get a GPU seperatly as Gift from his Mother. The Case is already bought (tuf gaming gt501).

Hey folks,

i help my Friend with his new Pc build. He wants to aim for good gaming and doesn't have a clue about building anything. He will get a GPU (Like RTX 3060) as a Gift from his Mother. 
He has a 700€ Budget for Mainboard, CPU (Maybe a Cooler if stock isn't enough), Ram, SSD and Accessories. If their is Money left, a good new PSU would be good, too. I build my PC not on Budget so I strive always a little higher. I can't decide when there is a Budget. The other thing is, my last build was an Inter Pc and I think AMD is better for him. But I lack the knowledge of what CPU is best suited at that Price Range.

He also wants RGB, so he can show off 😄

What i picked up for him:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (309€)

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) Mainboard (190€)

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2.0 (94,90€)

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB (85€)

I dont know if the Stock Cooler on the Ryzen is enough. Can u guys help me find better parts?

Best Regards and sorry for my bad english

e/

Here is the List on Partpicker https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jV2wz7

It says, that the Mainboard could cause a problem. Is there a more suitable one in the same price range?

Hi from Germany too 😉

It looks like a good build yes. I have two suggestions: for the motherboard you can go with the MSI gaming edge WiFi. It's a bit cheaper and has great features. For the SSD get either the Samsung Evo 980 (to get the PCIe 4.0 connectivity) or another cheaper model maybe?

Pc part picker always gives this warning with B550 motherboards. You should be fine now, manufacturers most likely updated the bios. If not, there is a bios flashback option on both the MSI board I recommended and the Asus you picked. It means you can update the bios without any components on the motherboard, which is quite handy.

For the cooler you can try with the one that comes with the processor and see if you're happy with it's performance and noise level. If it doesn't meet your expectations just order a better one  (noctua makes great air coolers. They're not cheap but they're silent and good quality)

Thanks you very much,

i think the MSI one is a better go and also the SSD.

I hope i can get everything as he likes 😄