Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How big of a lip does my table need for this particular dual monitor arm?(AmazonBasics India)

Hey guys.

I wanted to buy a new dual monitor stand. So finally I stumbled upon this(this is Amazon India) stand, which is pretty well priced(I guess, at around $25). The stand seems to be very good, at least from the reviews. But my table has a lip of just around 3cm. Would that be a good enough? I just want to confirm. My lip is pretty small. Would like a response from people who have actually installed this stand.

Thanks.

EDIT: If you're wondering by what I meant by "Lip", here is what it is:

image.png.d559c24cafb905796466a73113f52cf3.png

I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL! I'll try not to make mistakes, but if I do, sorry! Most of my responses are based on past experiences, or just plain guesses. If a post solves your issue, do mark it as solution, so as to help other people having the same issue who stumble upon your thread.

VPN Server Guide

<-- Moved to Displays -->

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, LTTfan2006 said:

But my table has a lip of just around 3cm.

From the description of the stand:

The easy-to-assemble monitor stand offers straightforward installation. Made of durable steel, the stand mounts securely onto the back edge of a desk using a heavy-duty C clamp, which fits desks measuring 0.8 to 3.9 inches thick.

3cm is about 1.1 inches. Which is pretty much in the boundary of the clamp rating, but youll definitely need to turn the adjustment key a lot on the first time you set them up.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

I don't work at Dell, i just love semi formal English.

Self Introduction and Current Rig

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

From the description of the stand:

3cm is about 1.1 inches. Which is pretty much in the boundary of the clamp rating, but youll definitely need to turn the adjustment key a lot on the first time you set them up.

Apologies for not having my question clear. By "Lip" I did not mean the thickness, but rather the distance of the part of the table that protrudes out from the main part.

image.png.17161baa4d2bb056bbd2861367834aef.png

image.png.1c7f3d87ae15e9f1faf6971cafb9ab4f.png

Hope this makes it clearer.

I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL! I'll try not to make mistakes, but if I do, sorry! Most of my responses are based on past experiences, or just plain guesses. If a post solves your issue, do mark it as solution, so as to help other people having the same issue who stumble upon your thread.

VPN Server Guide