USB flash drive issues

JS1983

I was wondering if anyone could help out with an issue I am having with two usb drives.  One is only a few weeks old and both have been working until I tried downloading windows 10 from the microsoft website.

Both drives stopped during the windows download at about the same point I believe.  In disk management, they show as unallocated part of the time, and part of the time they show as healthy but I still can't format them like I want to.  On the one that I keep messing with the most to try to figure something out, when it says unallocated and I click on new volume, it tells me a device which does not exist was specified.  When I try to open it from my devices list in the system tray, it says "D:\ is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified".  After messing with it and plugging it in a bunch of times, it opened two different times and it showed windows files that are on the drive, but as soon as I clicked on anything or highlighted and clicked delete or format, it just brought up the blue busy or loading circle for a few minutes then says the device doesn't exist.

The same thing happens on both pc's.  I have had issues in the past with unallocated drives, but this time I can't figure anything out with them.  Any help is definitely appreciated.  Thanks

Are you downloading an ISO or using the Media Creation Tool to create bootable USB media, which should handle all of this directly?

Hey thanks for the reply.  I tried using the media creation tool which has worked for me in the past.