Memory artifacts on GPU?

Lairlair
Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,

What PSU (model etc). 2 did you run DDU before installing the new GPU? Or did you make a clean install of windows? If not. boot up in safe mode. Run display driver uninstaller. Choose GPU, nvidia, choose clean and restart.聽

Install new gpu driver. I聽can recommend 461.92 Studio driver without geforce experience of course.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/171724/

I've been able to find a GPU in 2021!! YAY! It's a 1660 Super, the PNY single fan model. It's not exactly what I was aiming for but it was darn close to MSRP so I'm very happy and I get to play Doom Eternal in 1440p so why would I complain?

Well the problem is, every couple of minutes it'll display a black bar for a split second at the top of my screen. Could it be memory artifacts? It does it regardless of the output I use (I tried HDMI and DVI so far) and of the app (it does it in games or on idle). Or could it be that it doesn't get enough power? My PSU is only just above the recommended wattage from various online PSU calculator.

Any advice is welcome. I fear that if I send it back the shop mightn't be able to replace it because they're completely out of stock for that model.

Cheers 馃檭

What PSU (model etc). 2 did you run DDU before installing the new GPU? Or did you make a clean install of windows? If not. boot up in safe mode. Run display driver uninstaller. Choose GPU, nvidia, choose clean and restart.聽

Install new gpu driver. I聽can recommend 461.92 Studio driver without geforce experience of course.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

Thanks for the reply! The PSU is an Antec EarthWatts 430W 80+ Bronze.
No I didn't do any of these things, I'll give it a try and see if that solves it.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:05 PM, DoctorNick said:

After a few days of having ran DDU, everything seems to be running smoothly! Thanks for the help