Whiteboard Webcam Software

Hey ya!

I've recently started med school and most of the people here suck at physics class 😄
So I figured I'd help some of them via Discord or Teams or whatever.

Thing is: I don't have a tablet to draw / write physics-stuff on.
BUT! I have a good old whiteboard! And the good old HD3000 Webcam 😄

My question is: Is there a piece of software that could correct the picture before streaming it?
Something that flips the picture horizontally and maybe puts the border-relations in place correctly?

Thank you very much in advance!

Arokan

If you're OK with using your mouse, Zoom has a good feature for that.

If you make sure the webcam is pointing directly at the board at a right-angle (preferably looking directly down on one on a desk, but straight at one mounted on the wall also works) you shouldn't need any correction. I have a family member who works in a teaching job and has been giving lectures online like this for the best part of a year with no issues.

Just make sure you use a reasonably visible pen, and not a light-coloured one - dark blue is a good choice, as is black.

As for image rotating, while it is of course preferable to rotate the camera rather than the image to preserve the correct aspect ratio, it is functionality that Zoom has built in if you really need it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

You could use OBS. It has integrated ability to act as virtual webcam. So you can record either screen or other devices and output it as if it was webcam itself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv