Making a custom laptop cooler with high rpm fans (5500 rpm) I have.

Hi!

So I happen to have a couple of 5500 rpm fans (PGSA2Z® Delta PFC1212DE-6A50 120x38mm Extreme Hi-Speed 4wire Fan 4.8A 253CFM). Would it markedly reduce Cpu/Gpu temps if i were to make a custom cooler out of it for my laptop? Or would it just damage my laptop fans?

I'm running an 8700k with 1050ti.

Not sure if it would help since my current dual 1500rpm fan cooler does jack shit. 

2 minutes ago, Jakrun said:

253CFM

Would that not make it terribly loud?

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Jakrun said:

Hi!

So I happen to have a couple of 5500 rpm fans (PGSA2Z® Delta PFC1212DE-6A50 120x38mm Extreme Hi-Speed 4wire Fan 4.8A 253CFM). Would it markedly reduce Cpu temps if i were to make a custom cooler out of it for my laptop.

I'm running an 8700k with 1050ti.

Not sure if it would help since my current dual 1500rpm fan cooler does jack shit. 

You would need an external power supply for the fan, as I doubt the fan header can output 4.8A

Just now, Latvian Video said:

You would need an external power supply for the fan, as I doubt the fan header can output 4.8A

Oh yes. Power supply would be external. I would fabricate a chassis for the fans out of aluminium and I already have the boards for Pwm control. I think. Anyways the power supply is going to be external

Your laptop could likley gain more from a re-paste and a dust removal then fan modding. But I'm going to assume u have already done this. Ultimately you are most likely being slowed down by the inefficiencies of the laptop's coolers design. And there is nothing you can do about that without just getting a new laptop with good reviews in the cooling category. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Would that not make it terribly loud?

Yeah probably lol. but I dont mind. I live alone 😞

Just now, Nathanpete said:

Your laptop could likley gain more from a re-paste and a dust removal then fan modding. But I'm going to assume u have already done this. Ultimately you are most likely being slowed down by the inefficiencies of the laptop's coolers design. And there is nothing you can do about that without just getting a new laptop with good reviews in the cooling category. 

Yep. The cooling is not great.

1 minute ago, Jakrun said:

Oh yes. Power supply would be external. I would fabricate a chassis for the fans out of aluminium and I already have the boards for Pwm control. I think. Anyways the power supply is going to be external

If you will fabricate everything and the power supply will be external, the temps should drop, idk by how much. but the fan will be loud af, the datasheet says like 66.5-70db. And I think you would need a bigger heatsink too, so it can transfer the heat from the cpu to the heatsink better.

Creating a custom cooler that is actually efficient (especially in the area of heatsinks and cold plate flatness) is very expensive. Being a laptop, you are SO limited in available volume your heatsink will have to be very dense. This will make the noise from the turbulence of the fans even greater. I hope you know how to manufacture the insides of flattened copper heatpipes. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

1 minute ago, Latvian Video said:

If you will fabricate everything and the power supply will be external, the temps should drop, idk by how much. but the fan will be loud af, the datasheet says like 66.5-70db. And I think you would need a bigger heatsink too, so it can transfer the heat from the cpu to the heatsink better.

Any reference for the heatsink mod you're talking about? Not sure how I would do that.  

Just now, Jakrun said:

Any reference for the heatsink mod you're talking about? Not sure how I would do that.  

I don't think there is much you can do to upgrade the heatsinks. but putting the delta fans in place of the stock fans will likely drop the temps.