My First PC?

A Friend and I are both wanting to get a mid range PC but we are both new to anything PC. All I would like to know if this is a good build for the price, and for 120/144hz refresh rate (I plan to get a used version of the GPU)

Budget (including currency): $1500 or less

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Battle Royale and Sandbox Games mostly and some Indie Titles

Other details: This is the link to the list. https://newegg.io/11b67ad

24 minutes ago, TROUBLEMAKER1st said:

A Friend and I are both wanting to get a mid range PC but we are both new to anything PC. All I would like to know if this is a good build for the price, and for 120/144hz refresh rate

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Battle Royale and Sandbox Games mostly and some Indie Titles

Not bad, few things. First of all, get 16 gb of ram, no question about it. I'm not too fond of the case since it won't have great air flow, shouldn't be the end of the world though. And just so you know, the cpu has a cooler included that will handle it just fine, (wraith cooler), so no need for the cpu cooler.

1 minute ago, DotzHyper said:

Not bad, few things. First of all, get 16 gb of ram, no question about it. I'm not too fond of the case since it won't have great air flow, shouldn't be the end of the world though. And just so you know, the cpu has a cooler included that will handle it just fine, (wraith cooler), so no need for the cpu cooler.

thanks i appreciate it

1 minute ago, TROUBLEMAKER1st said:

thanks i appreciate it

No problem

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, TROUBLEMAKER1st said:

A Friend and I are both wanting to get a mid range PC but we are both new to anything PC. All I would like to know if this is a good build for the price, and for 120/144hz refresh rate (I plan to get a used version of the GPU)

Wow, a 2080 Super is going for 1700 USD right now.

7 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

Wow, a 2080 Super is going for 1700 USD right now.

yes but ive seen several good looking used ones for less than half that price

14 minutes ago, TROUBLEMAKER1st said:

yes but ive seen several good looking used ones for less than half that price

Are you planning on pairing that with a 2600? That would be a bad combo.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

14 hours ago, davemc said:

Are you planning on pairing that with a 2600? That would be a bad combo.

A 5600X would make more sense. Its only 100 bucks more and way better.

5 hours ago, Cool_Evlo said:

A 5600X would make more sense. Its only 100 bucks more and way better.

I know that. An 11600K or 11400 would be better than a 2600 too

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler