First Time PC maker

Budget (including currency): 600 US Dollars without the cost of the Video Card

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Apex Legends, streaming for fun. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I own 2 3600 RBG 8 gb ramsticks 

I mainly want to change the CPU and the MotherBoard to something better

Intel's I5 11400 outperforms the 3600 heavily, while also being cheaper/similar pricing. 

1 hour ago, iCypticx said:

Intel's I5 11400 outperforms the 3600 heavily, while also being cheaper/similar pricing.

I think Heavily is overegging it but it is a bit better. You do have to take into account the double + power requirements so a i5 will cost alot more than the upfront part cost going forward. 

I agree you want a B550 which you can get for not that much more than a B520.

3 hours ago, Ar558a said:

I think Heavily is overegging it but it is a bit better. You do have to take into account the double + power requirements so a i5 will cost alot more than the upfront part cost going forward. 

I agree you want a B550 which you can get for not that much more than a B520.

Don't Ryzen 5 3600 and i5-11400 have the same TDP. Or were you making a different point

8 hours ago, TudorF said:

Don't Ryzen 5 3600 and i5-11400 have the same TDP. Or were you making a different point

TDP isn't an accurate number for power draw. Just some made up numbers manufacturers use for marketing, pretty sure methodology is still unknown on how they get that number. While the number can be in a ballpark of what the component actually use, it is not tied to wattage at all.

16 hours ago, iCypticx said:

please dear god no not for that price

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ybjBD3/asus-prime-b560m-a-micro-atx-lga1200-motherboard-prime-b560m-a

get this instead

15 hours ago, Ar558a said:

I think Heavily is overegging it but it is a bit better

nope, its a decent jump. 

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, davemc said:

yep definitely agree. the post was made before B560M-A was availible for cheaper and the B560M-HDV was the cheapest board. B560 is always fluctuating at this time 

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

yep definitely agree. the post was made before B560M-A was availible for cheaper and the B560M-HDV was the cheapest board. B560 is always fluctuating at this time 

ah, makes sense. true true, intel mobo prices are garbage one day then great the next

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler