Ram overclocking

I have a 2x8gb kit of 3200mhz cl16 ram crucial ballistix rgb ram and am using an i5 10600k and wanted to know whats a good overclocking setup for the ram, currently using msi dragon center to overclock ram since I've got an msi motherboard but also could use bios.

Are you overclocking from XMP enabled in the bios? If so, just manually increase the dram frequency and leave XMP enabled. increase incrementally, testing along the way. When it becomes unstable, just dial it back. 

What is the part number to the memory anyhow? You can use cpu-z and view the SPD tab for the number. A screen shot if you're not sure. 

The xmp profile is enabled, I have a lot of people saying not to overclock my ram and that it wont change performance on intel

Just now, beastmode262005 said:

The xmp profile is enabled, I have a lot of people saying not to overclock my ram and that it wont change performance on intel

Ehh... well that really depends on the accomplishment. 

All the "people" out there running a similar frequency to you would surely say that if they could only OC to 3433mhz for example.

Put that same system against mine with 4000mt/s or higher frequencies... well then I'm gaining single digit percentages over them np. 

You could also accommodate the memory OC with bumping the cache frequency up. 

Use AIDA64 cahce and memory benchmark located in the tools tab. Then you can watch the results from the memory and cache overclocks. Show "people" your before and after numbers. For FPS, may not mean a lot, the GPU does most of the video rendering. Then you would OC the gpu memory for FPS increase. System memory OC boosts system performance. So applies to any and all apps that use memory.