Weird FPS on Minecraft

I have been getting around 100-110 fps with the most extreme shaders but since last week, I only get 20-24. The weird thing is that the framerate stays the same with or without shaders, max or minimum render distance. My graphics card is a RX5700XT with an i5 9400F with 32gb of ram. I have tried updating to the last version of Optifine.

Check your temps, there could likely be a cooling problem with your gpu or cpu that could cause a thermal throttle.

also try checking for any programs or possible malware that’s using your system in the backround 

On 5/6/2021 at 1:47 PM, Ickytnt said:

Check your temps, there could likely be a cooling problem with your gpu or cpu that could cause a thermal throttle.

also try checking for any programs or possible malware that’s using your system in the backround 

Thanks for your help but it wasn't the temps. For some reason when I turn the fps overlay on in razer cortex my framerate dies idk why

On 5/6/2021 at 10:28 AM, Argyris A said:

I have been getting around 100-110 fps with the most extreme shaders but since last week, I only get 20-24. The weird thing is that the framerate stays the same with or without shaders, max or minimum render distance. My graphics card is a RX5700XT with an i5 9400F with 32gb of ram. I have tried updating to the last version of Optifine.

Did it happen after a game update?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566