Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Water Cooling

Hello again! This is only my second post so im still fairly new to this. I am planning a build in lian li's dk-05 desk/case. I want to know if there would be any problems running multiple rads for just one gpu. I want to to a hell of a lot of oc's on the card but I don't know much about custom water cooling. I would be running two 360 rads and two 480 rads. The GPU in question is the liquid devil 6900xt ultimate. the only reason I am thinking about this is for aesthetics.  

A Single 480 Rad is MORE than enough cooling for a component.  Going to 840 is beyond overkill.  

Unless you want to just throw money at it.  (The desk says you're okay with that.)

Suggestion?  Try watercooling something that isn't going to be a 4000$ build first.  Because fucking up on that is way worse than if you tried on something worth small money beforehand.

5 hours ago, tkitch said:

A Single 480 Rad is MORE than enough cooling for a component.  Going to 840 is beyond overkill.  

Unless you want to just throw money at it.  (The desk says you're okay with that.)

Suggestion?  Try watercooling something that isn't going to be a 4000$ build first.  Because fucking up on that is way worse than if you tried on something worth small money beforehand. 

Hey man thanks for the response. I do have some experience with water cooling just not on any of my systems ( I built a soft line work station for my friend). I hear what you are saying about the rads and I know it is more than enough. I might now just do the two 360's (for symmetry's sake) and fill the top two rows with 4 fans each for air flow. I would WC the cpu but my friend got me a pro siphon elite as a present and I think that will be sufficient for a R9 5950x. And just so you know 90% of the components are already mine from past builds or things I would buy anyways. The only real cost for me is the Mobo case and gpu.