Learning C++

BigRichie

Hey everyone, I am a junior in high school and I am studying c++ to prepare for computer engineering in college. I was wondering if anyone has any books that are related to c++. 

I personally would recommend C++ All in one for Dummies. Might sound generic, but it is really good, trust me. Even though it was published in 2009, it is a really good resource and you could always update yourself with the latest from other sources. I read it myself and I love it. I will post the Amazon link to get the paper back or the ebook down below.

http://www.amazon.com/All-One-Desk-Reference-Dummies/dp/0470317353

Good luck!

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I can also recommend Derek Banas' Youtube Channel.

He's not specifically focused on C++, but there are a ton of tutorials that you can also

use for programming in C++ (code refactoring, program design patterns, as two examples).

I'm sure there are more C++ tutorials on youtube, but I haven'y personally looked at them. Derek's

stuff I have actually used (though mostly for programming in PHP) and can vouch for it.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Programming Principled and Practices Using C++

A thorough intro to the language by the creator himself.. if you can spare the money. Should be all you need.

It's not out just yet (May 20th), but you should pick up The C++ Programming Language, 4th Edition. It's written by Bjarne Stroustrup and covers the new C++11 standard which is quite crucial in this day and age because of all the exciting new features C++ now has thanks to the new standard.

I started with "learning C++ through game programming" by Michael Dawson and a lot of youtube tutorials. The book and the tutorials don't require any programming knowledge. I would recommend watching some of the tutorials first and then decide if you want to buy a book, which explains everything a lot more in depth.

C++ tutorials playlist by thenewboston:

(

)

Where you can buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-C-Through-Game-Programming/dp/1435457420