Extremely hot laptop

I have a year old Asus ROG Zephryus GA502-DU (Ryzen 7-3750h and GTX 1660ti 6GB) and recently is has begun to run extremely hot under seemingly no load. While charging (60%) i was attending my online class and had a couple youtube tabs open (nothing playing) and laptop set on silent profile but still CPU temps rose to 80-85 C and GPU (at 0% utilisation) was at 65 C. It is on a flat desk with with enough room on each side to provide ample airflow. Task manager showed 10% CPU load and 6gb ram but nothing else. Disconnecting charger helps drop the temperature but i don't see any problems with battery life otherwise so i don't think so it is a battery issue.

try blowing some compressed air  into your laptop  some dust might be in there.

23 hours ago, nerd4tech said:

try blowing some compressed air  into your laptop  some dust might be in there.

i had the exact same thought, so i opened it up and cleaned it. so now the fans are completely clean. i talked to the customer care person and he said it might be a motherboard issue. Hopefully i can get that replaced in time since my warranty ends next month

40 minutes ago, nerd4tech said:

good luck 

i have a feeling it needs a repasting, and care guy is just gonna replace the motherboard lol