Rocket League/Epic Games shows error when trying to boot

trentklein

My friend has been playing Rocket League on an integrated graphics i7 pc with windows 7 but all of sudden, the game would not boot and instead say error. He has tried reinstalling epic games along with the game, but now he gets the error message when just trying to open epic games. Anyone have an idea why this is? Is it because he is on windows 7?

3 minutes ago, trentklein said:

My friend has been playing Rocket League on an integrated graphics i7 pc with windows 7 but all of sudden, the game would not boot and instead say error. He has tried reinstalling epic games along with the game, but now he gets the error message when just trying to open epic games. Anyone have an idea why this is? Is it because he is on windows 7?

need full specs

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, davemc said:

need full specs

All I know is that it's an i7 with 8gbs of ram 🤷‍♀️

Just now, trentklein said:

All I know is that it's an i7 with 8gbs of ram 🤷‍♀️

ask him for full specs. i cant help otherwise.

however, it would be a good idea to install windows 10. really no reason not to.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 9:59 PM, davemc said:

ask him for full specs. i cant help otherwise.

however, it would be a good idea to install windows 10. really no reason not to.

i7-2600
8 gigs
64-bit windows 7

He isn't going to upgrade to 10 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, trentklein said:

i7-2600
8 gigs
64-bit windows 7

He isn't going to upgrade to 10 🤷‍♀️

he could try to reset win7 but idk if that would fix it

switching to 10 prolly would, its literally free lmao no reason not to. also, at this point win7 is a security risk

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, davemc said:

he could try to reset win7 but idk if that would fix it

switching to 10 prolly would, its literally free lmao no reason not to. also, at this point win7 is a security risk

I know haha I've tried telling him to but he's stuck on 7. Any other ideas??

On 4/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, trentklein said:

This has happened to me as well! I am on an AMD HD 7700 graphics card (so not the newest) and ever since about a month or 2 ago, I can't boot. 

Just now, trentklein said:

I know haha I've tried telling him to but he's stuck on 7. Any other ideas??

nope. his only options are to reset 7 which i have no idea if itll work and install 10 which would prolly work but cannot be certain as I am no expert. still, if he is totally stuck on 7 and doesnt want to try anything hes prolly screwed

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, 2DPrinter said:

This has happened to me as well! I am on an AMD HD 7700 graphics card (so not the newest) and ever since about a month or 2 ago, I can't boot. 

Odd!!

1 minute ago, trentklein said:

Odd!!

I wonder if they updated their minimum specs for the game?? Or maybe it is just a weird bug with people with older parts..? 

22 minutes ago, 2DPrinter said:

I wonder if they updated their minimum specs for the game?? Or maybe it is just a weird bug with people with older parts..? 

No clue! I did look up the minimum specs and I BELIEVE his pc should be able to run it? Though I am having him check which direct x he is running. But dedicated GPU aside he should be able to run it fine.