Switching between 2 GPUS

Hi there. Big fan of the YouTube channels, but new to the forums. Brief background: I had an AMD Radeon R9 390 in my pc (bought second hand), which was great for the games that I played. Fast forward to last year, COVID. I am a Junior CG artist so they were able to to set up remote working. This is where the issue starts. Some of the software, eg Substance painter  does not play well with AMD  GPU's and does not allow for hardware acceleration and raytracing on these cards. This put the load mostly on the CPU, and I'm only running an I5. i decided to get an NVidia GPU for work, and didn't have a lot of money to work with, so I got an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER.  

The thing is, that although this card is better for work, the AMD card is still better overall, and better for gaming,  so my question is: Can I connect both cards to the motherboard at the same time, and use the NVidia card while I am working, and when I want to play games just switch the HDMI's to the AMD card and vice versa without having to restart and without it causing any issues?

Thanks in advance for  those who answer my question, and sorry if it seems like a stupid question.