Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse

So I have got this Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse, which is basically a re-branded sensei.

My problem is that in every game it disconnects, and then after a period of time, can be as little as instant to about 3 seconds, it reconnects, I can hear it from the USB disconnect/reconnect sound from windows.

It will disconnect reconnect multiple times, I have recorded 30 times as a maximum, until I physically pull the mouse out of the USB port, and reconnects it, then it can go for 5 seconds to about 5 minutes, before it gets it's disconnect reconnect spasms again.

I have contacted steelseries support, which haven't been very helpful, only suggesting a firmware, and a software update, although I of course had done that before contacting them.

I have got this problem only on my PC, on my laptop it's no problem. The problem is only when I'm in a game (full screen), but not in flash player on youtube etc.

It has recently started to do this on the desktop as well.

I have gotten this problem on my old install of win 7, and now on my current install of win 8, so I assume that it is a hardware problem?

My specs are posted in my signature below.

If anyone could have any answers please do help me :-)!!!

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

check your usb wiring to the motherboard. you may have a loose connection or a badly soldered wire. leave the pc on. and open the case. then gently and i do mean gently move the wires individually and see if it disconnects. do the same at the usb port if you can reach it. 

also check the event viewer and see if theres any errors pertaining to the usb driver or hub.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Check the motherboard newer drivers.
Change the USB slot, use the front USB slots. :)
GOOD LUCK :)

You may want to try it on a few rigs to be sure, it may be the soldering of the cables (like how earphones tent to break). You said it doesn't happen on the laptop, but is your mouse cord being bent down or upwards when you plug it into the laptop? 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

check your usb wiring to the motherboard. you may have a loose connection or a badly soldered wire. leave the pc on. and open the case. then gently and i do mean gently move the wires individually and see if it disconnects. do the same at the usb port if you can reach it. 

also check the event viewer and see if theres any errors pertaining to the usb driver or hub.

Can you explain this further maybe with pics? :-)!!

Also, my mouse cord is not being bent in any way, I've tried all of my USB ports, the mouse works on my laptop.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710