need help with router

amdroyt
Go to solution Solved by amdroyt,

dont what it was but i left router off for while and now it just works, i dont get it

I have ax50 tp-link router for VR and cable going from there to my computer, i have 100Mb/s download and everything was working fine until i recently remade cable managent and i disconected router, after that i noticed slow internet speed (3-4 Mb/s) this was same on phone and on wired pc there was no dowloading, i restarted router looked for new firmware reseted it to factory settings and nothing worked, cable going to this router is going from another which is bad but still i get 30Mb/s wirelles and 70Mb/s wired through exact cable running to ax50. Also in tp link software i set bandwith now to 100Mb/s and there isnt any priorities set. Is there some fix or do i have to return it ?

You say this happened after you did cable management. But there really is a plethora of reasons why this could happen. Things i would check are the following:

1. Check link speed via windows adapter settings

- if this is 100Mbits, redo the cable untill it states its 1Gbits

2. check if both computer and router are set to 'Full Duplex'

3. Check if router itsself has a proper connection to the internet

- you may have to call your ISP for this

4. even tho unlikely, check if your ethernet cable isn't running alongside too much cables that can cause interference (most notably powercables with switching power supplies attached, one of the worst switching powersupplies are christmaslights for example)

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

in windows there is 1 gbit, dont know what full duplex means but i will look into that, router has connection because if i connect cable going to router straight to pc i is working fine, there is lot of cables around but just next internet cabl going to pc which isnt problem when i get same speed on both wirelles and wired and can power cable have problem with interfierence ? sorry for my english and i really dont know much about this 

Can you paint a picture on how your home network looks like?

Something like this?

wGKMOeSZygUg6G0uI0IjtU4s.png?f=user_large

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

also in my router it was set to auto negotiation i set it tu 1 gbit full duplex and i cant see in pc anything about that just that its 1 gbit

Alright thanks, so you're having 2 routers.

From shitty router to router for VR, is that cable fine?

Since you're mentioning router, is the cable between shitty router and router for VR connected to the WAN port on the VR router side?

(Typically, routers offer DHCP, and if they are not connected properly, could overheat eachother.)

Do you by chance have a 'dumb switch' laying around that you could use instead of the router for VR? even a 100mbit switch would work in this usecase.

yes its connected to wan port it was like this before and it was working fine, cable is good too, i cant use switch because router for VR is so i can connect VR wirelles to pc, now that i think about it, could magnet (i placed router on magnetic filter on pc when it was disconnected) damage router ? and router isnt everheating and both cores are on 10%

well i tried connecting router away from all the cables from pc and it was same, i will probably try to return that router 

dont what it was but i left router off for while and now it just works, i dont get it