CPU related question.

As far as I know With intel CPU's the CPU is directly connected to the PCIE Slots, Would this mean that if the CPU was dead that the PCIE slots wouldn't work?

That is the case with all CPUs. PCIE lanes are usually directly connected to CPU (on Intel's case chipset can provide extra PCIE 1x/2x/4x lanes through DME). So, to answer your question, yes that can be the case. That can also be caused by CPU socket or too low or too high CPU cooler mounting pressure.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

That is the case with all CPUs. PCIE lanes are usually directly connected to CPU (on Intel's case chipset can provide extra PCIE 1x/2x/4x lanes through DME). So, to answer your question, yes that can be the case. That can also be caused by CPU socket or too low or too high CPU cooler mounting pressure.

Ok thank you . could you help me here.  I bought this Evga X58 Mobo with a I7920 ( I know old school) It has has a Coolermaster air cooler on it, How would I Know the correct mounting pressure as its just screws?

Side  note: The issue I am having is When I turn the board on it lights up. but doesn't display anything through the graphics card and the GPU fan doesn't even turn on, at first I thought the PCIE slots were busted but I felt the CPU heatsink and it isn't getting warm at all. So to see if any of the slots were working I But A wifi card into one of the USB 3 PCIE slots and the chip on the wifi card seems to be getting warm so I assume its getting power.

Some help here would be greatly appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, Rhys_Butcher said:

Ok thank you . could you help me here.  I bought this Evga X58 Mobo with a I7920 ( I know old school) It has has a Coolermaster air cooler on it, How would I Know the correct mounting pressure as its just screws?

Side  note: The issue I am having is When I turn the board on it lights up. but doesn't display anything through the graphics card and the GPU fan doesn't even turn on, at first I thought the PCIE slots were busted but I felt the CPU heatsink and it isn't getting warm at all. So to see if any of the slots were working I But A wifi card into one of the USB 3 PCIE slots and the chip on the wifi card seems to be getting warm so I assume its getting power.

Some help here would be greatly appreciated. 

Your issue sounds more like typical no post scenario to me. What I would do in your situation is, remove everything that is not necessary in order for your computer to POST.

• Make sure all power connections to motherboard and graphics card are plugged and they are the correct ones. (Make sure GPU power is labeled PCIE and motherboard 4/8 pin power cable is labeled ATX12V or EPS.
  • Remove all USB devices except keyboard.
  • Remove all RAM sticks except one (if you only have, try it in different slots)
  • Unplug all unnecessary hardware, PCIE cards (except graphics card) and SATA data connections.
  • Remove the CPU and inspect pins inside the socket and make sure none of them looks out place or weird. If all is well, install the CPU and install the cooler.
  • Remove the graphics card and check if anything looks out of place inside the PCIE slot. If not, install it and make sure it clicks in place. 

This should get you started and maybe someone else can chime in meanwhile.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 minutes ago, Levent said:

Your issue sounds more like typical no post scenario to me. What I would do in your situation is, remove everything that is not necessary in order for your computer to POST.

• Make sure all power connections to motherboard and graphics card are plugged and they are the correct ones. (Make sure GPU power is labeled PCIE and motherboard 4/8 pin power cable is labeled ATX12V or EPS.
  • Remove all USB devices except keyboard.
  • Remove all RAM sticks except one (if you only have, try it in different slots)
  • Unplug all unnecessary hardware, PCIE cards (except graphics card) and SATA data connections.
  • Remove the CPU and inspect pins inside the socket and make sure none of them looks out place or weird. If all is well, install the CPU and install the cooler.
  • Remove the graphics card and check if anything looks out of place inside the PCIE slot. If not, install it and make sure it clicks in place. 

This should get you started and maybe someone else can chime in meanwhile.

I Did this when I first got the board checked everything was fine with cpu no bent pins on the board and put 2 ram sticks in the 2 corresponding slots HAve the 8 pin connector connected on the motherboard etc and only the boot Drive and GPU in. 

That Why I am trying to troubleshoot now thinking maybe the CPU is dead or the mounting pressure is wrong or something of that nature.?

6 minutes ago, Rhys_Butcher said:

I Did this when I first got the board checked everything was fine with cpu no bent pins on the board and put 2 ram sticks in the 2 corresponding slots HAve the 8 pin connector connected on the motherboard etc and only the boot Drive and GPU in. 

That Why I am trying to troubleshoot now thinking maybe the CPU is dead or the mounting pressure is wrong or something of that nature.?

Do you have any way of testing the graphics card on a different system?

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

Do you have any way of testing the graphics card on a different system?

Yeah talking to you now On my main pc, Tested the card in here works perfectly its an old GTX 970TI.

I keep thinking this issue is CPU related due to the Heatsink not heating up at all I duno if I am crazy but it would be great if its just a cpu issue.

Just now, Rhys_Butcher said:

Yeah talking to you now On my main pc, Tested the card in here works perfectly its an old GTX 970TI.

I keep thinking this issue is CPU related due to the Heatsink not heating up at all I duno if I am crazy but it would be great if its just a cpu issue.

Killing a CPU is hard. I would suspect of motherboard or RAM first.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Killing a CPU is hard. I would suspect of motherboard or RAM first.

Wouldn't the RAM cause the PC to Cycle on and off the whole time? 

1 minute ago, Rhys_Butcher said:

Wouldn't the RAM cause the PC to Cycle on and off the whole time? 

Or not boot at all. I am at a loss here to be completely honest.

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

Or not boot at all. I am at a loss here to be completely honest.

Thanks man I am Also at a complete loss that's why I hoped the might of the Forum Would be able to help.