Good evening,

I was playing league of legends before with my sister, and the game, followed by my whole PC became extremely laggy; when I was seeing why my RAM was at 100% usage, primary due to Mozilla Firefox. I closed Mozilla, and that fixed the issue at that point in time however afterwards I noticed that just light browsing, without any games or intense programs running in the backgrounds till results in about 8gb of my RAM being used. Is this normal? Attached is the task manager information (yes I know at that point I was using 2gb with Mozilla and almost 1gb with NVIDIA Broadcast, but that still means 6.5gb is being used at idle. Any insight would be appreciated. I have read some articles that say windows can just do this, and that when it actually comes down too it the ram will be correctly allocated to the programs that need it, however it didn't do a good job of that when I was playing league, nearly making my whole PC crash

Thanks,

Untitled 2.png

Untitled.png

System Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (Stock Clocks) | MB: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz | GPU: MSI Ventus 3x RTX 3070 | Storage: Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD; Seagate Barracude 4TB ST4000DM004 HDD, 256MB | PSU SilverStone 650W Strider Gold S 80+ Gold | Cooling: Corsair iCUE H100i Pro XT 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler  

4 minutes ago, ForensicRug said:

Any insight would be appreciated.

Firefox been having this random memory leak issue in the newer builds that seemingly come and go. What site did you open when the firefox suddenly peg your RAM?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

21 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Firefox been having this random memory leak issue in the newer builds that seemingly come and go. What site did you open when the firefox suddenly peg your RAM?

Firefox has been having random memory leaks since it was first created, and it's irritating.

Having said that, to the OP, are you sure nothing snuck in to your firefox extensions that might be causing this?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

I hadn't opened anything new, it was running in the background with pages open from my uni work

System Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (Stock Clocks) | MB: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz | GPU: MSI Ventus 3x RTX 3070 | Storage: Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD; Seagate Barracude 4TB ST4000DM004 HDD, 256MB | PSU SilverStone 650W Strider Gold S 80+ Gold | Cooling: Corsair iCUE H100i Pro XT 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler  

54 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Firefox has been having random memory leaks since it was first created, and it's irritating.

Having said that, to the OP, are you sure nothing snuck in to your firefox extensions that might be causing this?

Potentially, I am looking into my installed extensions although I don't have that many installed. Even taking those 2gb out, is 6gb of ram at idle a normal amount for a 16gb system?

1 hour ago, ForensicRug said:

6gb of ram at idle a normal amount for a 16gb system?

I don't think so, by way of contrast, my Win10 LTSC Enterprise system, at idle is 1.7GB in use

My Windows 9 system, at full bore (Citrix, Chrome, AIDA64, etc) is 6.19GB in use

So something isn't right in your system

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.