Where does this cable go?

ComputerNoob1323

So, It's my first time building a computer and i'm connecting some cables to my motherboard. I have this fan that came with the case (https://kolink.eu/Home/case-1/midi-tower-2/void-series/void.html) and it has 2 connectors. One that fits into my motherboard, and another that i don't know where it connects to (Photos are attached). My motherboard is the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2. Please Help! (Can't find the pins for the one on the left)20210419_171116.thumb.jpg.7dc6d448cace8aa3c04ff53d868a48de.jpg

20210419_171103.jpg

Looking at the pics, the fan does seem to have fixed lights (meaning you cannot change how to light up). So, my guess is that it's for daisy chaining multiple fans (Preferably similar fans). One goes into your mobo, while the other fan plugs into the socket shaped cable coming from the first fan.

29 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Looking at the pics, the fan does seem to have fixed lights (meaning you cannot change how to light up). So, my guess is that it's for daisy chaining multiple fans (Preferably similar fans). One goes into your mobo, while the other fan plugs into the socket shaped cable coming from the first fan.

I think that is a PWM fan with PST support (PST means PWM sharing technology). It's used when there isn't enough fan headers on the motherboard (which makes sence, since Kolink are more budget focused and budget mobos usually have less fan headers).

EDIT: The cable has 4 connectors, probably a PWM fan

One goes into the motherboard like you said. The other cable is its male/female equivalent. So when u have another fan with an fitting connector u dont have to use another Header on the MoBo and can plug it into the other fan, so "Daisy Chain" them. This can be helpful if your motherboard doesnt have enough fan connectors or you want to have all the cables in one place 

Edited by rafe_28

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza