PC crashing before windows

Hexterio

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm wording it badly, I'm not the best with PC's...

My friend recently built a pc and he's got a problem with it, it was left off for a day and when he came to turn it on, it posted but it crashed after the bios screen, right before the windows screen, the screen just went black.

After some troubleshooting I couldn't figure it out so I told him to try clearing the CMOS using the clear CMOS button on his Asus board and it worked. Then today he came to use his pc again and it did the exact thing! The only thing we changed in the BIOS was his ram frequency to 3200mhz and for the lights on his board to turn off in a sleeping state. 

Any advice would be great, I can list PC specs if needed.

That sounds like unstable memory. 

From the info this sounds like it's ryzen.

I'd use the a DDR 4 3000 docp profile.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

That sounds like unstable memory. 

From the info this sounds like it's ryzen.

I'd use the a DDR 4 3000 docp profile.

Thanks for the reply, it's an Intel build, 7700k to be exact, Z270 Asus formula motherboard and 16gb (2x8gb) Corsair vengeance RGB 3200mhz, GPU is EVGA 1080TI FTW3 if that helps. 

I'll try lowering the memory speed from 3200mhz to 3000mhz. 

I just find it weird that pressing the clear CMOS button is a temporary fix for it.