Laptop to PC

Jskyeen

Budget (including currency): AUD$2000 - $2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CS:GO, Guild Wars 2, Minecraft, blender 

Other details:

Looking at building my first PC, upgrading from a Metabox Laptop (not sure what model but it was one of the “cheaper” ones), being honest I don’t really understand resolution and refresh rate but I’d like something that can work with a ViewSonic VX2458-MHD (144Hz) monitor. I will end up getting another monitor in the future but not currently looking for one. Also don’t need any peripherals. 
Don’t really care how long it takes to purchase as I do have another computer in my house that I currently use (The laptop crashes every 5-10 minutes as it’s about 6 years old and was used quite frequently so I want something brand new)

I do have a basic list that I made on PC picker so do give me tips on what to change and look for, or make me something new 🙂

thanks

8569C59C-64A1-457E-8041-9916A430ADD7.png

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

11 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Thanks! But is there any other options for the GPU? Looking at this one in Australia, they’re all over $1000 (the ones that are available), obviously they will go down in price eventually but I was just wondering if there is any others that could work or if this ones my best bet?

4 minutes ago, Jskyeen said:

I was just wondering if there is any others that could work

IMO, not really. That 2060 Super from your build is 200 AUD above MSRP, and is gonna get its ass handed to a 3070. I guess you can try to snipe a 1080Ti or 1070 off something like gumtree or ebay, but those are also a bad idea as itll basically depreciate to rock bottom when RTX 3000 series stock goes back to normal. Best thing you can do is to be patient, wait till stock and price normalize and go get the GPU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

IMO, not really. That 2060 Super from your build is 200 AUD above MSRP, and is gonna get its ass handed to a 3070. I guess you can try to snipe a 1080Ti or 1070 off something like gumtree or ebay, but those are also a bad idea as itll basically depreciate to rock bottom when RTX 3000 series stock goes back to normal. Best thing you can do is to be patient, wait till stock and price normalize and go get the GPU.

Alrighty, thanks for the help!