Pre-built keeps rebooting

Bugses

Hi all, 

My brother just bought a new PC, and it's been working fine for a week. All of a sudden though, it just reboots while he was using it. After that, we can't even get into Windows, it just keeps rebooting. I tried reinstalling Windows, tried taking out the nvme and connecting a ssd instead, tried removing the RAM sticks and try them one after another, tried resetting BIOS and I tried pulling out the CMOS battery and installing it again. Nothing works, it just keeps rebooting.

Any ideas before he returns it to the store? 

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

When does the computer restart? Before POST, between POST and Windows, during/after Windows?

Read before asking for help  |  How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation  |  Don't ask to ask, just ask  |  The XY Problem  | Don't just say "Hello" in chat  |  How do I ask a good question?

If my post helped, please give a 'reaction' using the heart 🤍 in the bottom right. 

Make sure to quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

F@H Contribution

BOINC Contribution

HeatWare

"The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution."

"Give people permission to make mistakes and the obligation to learn from them."

“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

"People will never truly understand something until it happens to them."

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Gaming X  |  RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz  |  GPU ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC |  Case BitFenix Ghost  |  Storage HP EX920 1TB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, WD Black 8TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  PSU Seasonic Prime GX-750  |  Displays Lenovo ThinkVision P27q-20, Dell UP2716D  |  Cooling Noctua NH-D15  |  Operating System Windows 10 Home

7 hours ago, Universes said:

When does the computer restart? Before POST, between POST and Windows, during/after Windows?

Sometimes when loading Windows, sometimes just when Windows is loaded. He also experienced that he could use it for a hour or two, but then it crashed.

That's the problem, I can't find something that just stands out.

He mentioned he might've used a HWID spoofer. I've never used something like that myself, so I don't know if that can do something like that.

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

10 hours ago, Bugses said:

Sometimes when loading Windows, sometimes just when Windows is loaded. He also experienced that he could use it for a hour or two, but then it crashed.

That's the problem, I can't find something that just stands out.

Does it just turn off, or does it Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)? Because it's a prebuilt, I want to say that a component(s) is faulty, likely power supply. 

Can you post the rest of the specs of the computer, make, model, components?

10 hours ago, Bugses said:

He mentioned he might've used a HWID spoofer. I've never used something like that myself, so I don't know if that can do something like that.

I don't get why you would want to use that for a pre-built. The only reason I see to use hardware ID spoofer is to trick software to authenticate like Windows 10 does. Regardless, that shouldn't cause random restarting. 

Read before asking for help  |  How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation  |  Don't ask to ask, just ask  |  The XY Problem  | Don't just say "Hello" in chat  |  How do I ask a good question?

If my post helped, please give a 'reaction' using the heart 🤍 in the bottom right. 

Make sure to quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

F@H Contribution

BOINC Contribution

HeatWare

"The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution."

"Give people permission to make mistakes and the obligation to learn from them."

“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

"People will never truly understand something until it happens to them."

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Gaming X  |  RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz  |  GPU ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC |  Case BitFenix Ghost  |  Storage HP EX920 1TB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, WD Black 8TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  PSU Seasonic Prime GX-750  |  Displays Lenovo ThinkVision P27q-20, Dell UP2716D  |  Cooling Noctua NH-D15  |  Operating System Windows 10 Home