Help with odd behaving keyboard

Martines91

Hi everyone,

When I started my computer today my keyboard (asus rog claymore) started to behave weirdly, if I decide to type regularly then the keyboard produces multiple strokes, like this if I  type like this you can see it  produces   more spaaaaces than it should and if I d daaare     to press  a keeeyy  for more   than aa miliisseecccond  it will repeeeeeeat the  stroke  1000xx

If I want to type normally, I have to micro-press one key at a time, from last shut down I haven't changed anything on my PC. Has anyone had something similar  before?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Martines91 said:

Hi everyone,

When I started my computer today my keyboard (asus rog claymore) started to behave weirdly, if I decide to type regularly then the keyboard produces multiple strokes, like this if I  type like this you can see it  produces   more spaaaaces than it should and if I d daaare     to press  a keeeyy  for more   than aa miliisseecccond  it will repeeeeeeat the  stroke  1000xx

If I want to type normally, I have to micro-press one key at a time, from last shut down I haven't changed anything on my PC. Has anyone had something similar  before?

Thanks

Plug in the keyboard to another PC and see what happens. If the same issue occurs, the keyboard could be faulty. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

It might be worth cleaning your keyboard.

• Unplug your keyboard.
  • Take off the keycaps and wash them with water and a bit of dishwashing soap.
  • Clean off all the dust with a can of compressed air, or a cloth.
  • Use some isopropyl alcohol (at least 70%) and cotton swabs (a microfiber cloth or a small soft brush will also work) to clean the switches. You don't need a lot of alcohol.
  • Make sure the keycaps are dry and reassemble your keyboard.

Although, your issue sounds more like a software problem... maybe.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

There's a setting in windows that controls this, type "Keyboard" into windows search  and press on the first one that comes up, and I think the setting you're looking for is repeat delay. Move the slider to the left to make it longer and see if that fixes your problem.

55 minutes ago, nixcey said:

There's a setting in windows that controls this, type "Keyboard" into windows search  and press on the first one that comes up, and I think the setting you're looking for is repeat delay. Move the slider to the left to make it longer and see if that fixes your problem.

I have tried that, but it doesn't affect this, but I too think this is more of a software issue because as I said when I was turning off my PC last night it was all fine. By holding any button it multiplies itself by huge amount in a short moment. I know this will look silly but just typing letter a for 1 second results this: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It feels like any button gets multiplied instantly and typed super fast

found the issue, it's ROG Armoury, I found it completely by accident, apparently something's got wrong with Profile 1 and it bugged out, switching to profile 2 fixed the issue... weird, thanks for the tips though, I appreciate it

good thing it was a software bug, I was going to say a switch or the controller on the board was going bad.  My Poker II will do this from time to time, but it's looking like I need to fix the solder on a few switches.

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814