ASUS D.O.C.P problem

Hi, so I recently was looking for a way to boost a little bit performance in games in my system and I found that I can enable an option (DOCP) in my bios settings to use full potential of my ram. Before I go further my setup:

1. ASUS Prime B450m-a motherboard (updated the bios today to the lates one)

2. AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

3. ASUS DUAL Radeon RX 5700XT OC 8GB Evo

4. 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x16GB)

My ram sticks are place in A1 and B1 sockets.

Problem is when I activate the DOCP and restar my PC it tries to boot up two times and after the third time it prompts me straight to bios settings. I dont know what can be the problem. I found few posts where people said that you can configure DOCP manually but Im still kind of green in boosting PC and I dont want to do it myself in case I will mess something up. I found some posts as well where people said that the ram sticks should be placed in A2 and B2 sockets.

I would really appreciate your help in this problem and if the only option to make it work would be to configure the bios settings manually I would really apreciate if someone could help me out with it or give me the options that I need to change and numbers because as I said I dont want to do it myself just in case.

Quick question off the topic. Will ReSize BAR will it work and will it make performance any better on my GPU ? Currently I have it enabled.

Thank you all guys for your help in advance.

2 minutes ago, tybooyahh said:

3 minutes ago, tybooyahh said:

I found some posts as well where people said that the ram sticks should be placed in A2 and B2 sockets.

As stated by your manual, recommended memory configuration is DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2.

You will encounter stability issues with D.O.C.P. if you do not follow this recommendation.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

3 minutes ago, tybooyahh said:

Hi, so I recently was looking for a way to boost a little bit performance in games in my system and I found that I can enable an option (DOCP) in my bios settings to use full potential of my ram. Before I go further my setup:

1. ASUS Prime B450m-a motherboard (updated the bios today to the lates one)

2. AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

3. ASUS DUAL Radeon RX 5700XT OC 8GB Evo

4. 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x16GB)

Problem is when I activate the DOCP and restar my PC it tries to boot up two times and after the third time it prompts me straight to bios settings. I dont know what can be the problem. I found few posts where people said that you can configure DOCP manually but Im still kind of green in boosting PC and I dont want to do it myself in case I will mess something up. I found some posts as well where people said that the ram sticks should be placed in A2 and B2 sockets.

I would really appreciate your help in this problem and if the only option to make it work would be to configure the bios settings manually I would really apreciate if someone could help me out with it or give me the options that I need to change and numbers because as I said I dont want to do it myself just in case.

Quick question off the topic. Will ReSize BAR will it work and will it make performance any better on my GPU ? Currently I have it enabled.

Thank you all guys for your help in advance.

When using two memory sticks they should be placed in every other dimm slot starting from the furthest one from the CPU socket.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

10 minutes ago, PorkishPig said:

As stated by your manual, recommended memory configuration is DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2.

You will encounter stability issues with D.O.C.P. if you do not follow this recommendation.

Ok, I did not know that ot be honest and thank you for confirming that. Once I will change my ram slots I will confirm if it worked. Thanks

Hi, so that worked, I mean my pc started up, is there any way if the change to settings worked ? If that actually is using now the whole potential of my ram ?