Ethernet driver required

Tyoo3996

Hi i just built my new pc...

everything worked fine downloaded windows 10 felt accomplished

but upon going to the desktop my ethernet would not connect. I tried downloading drivers from intel windows and my motherboard nothing worked. i also tried uninstalling the driver and scanning for change with no luck. It isnt the ethernet line bc it works on other pc and troubleshoot states no driver could be found. How can i get internet to my pc?

build

gigabyte z590 vision d

i9 10900k

m.2 samsung 980 pro

4x corsair dominator 8gb (3600)

nzxt z73 kraken

corsair 750w

No graphic card yet still waiting.

Edit: forgot to add that bluetooth device had the same error yellow triangle

EB403D52-CD59-4EC4-A2B5-EC97B7941DA0.jpeg

image.jpg

When you connect a cable do you get connectivity and/or activity indicator LEDs or nothing at all?

Wtih 2.5Gbit capable controllers I don't know if Windows has a pre-included driver. I would expect it does but I don't know for sure. If you haven't verified the Ethernet is working yet you might have a DOA built-in Ethernet controller.

Can you perhaps supply a screenshot from your Device Manager on the machine?

Did you download the driver from Gigabytes own website? Maybe try downloading the WiFi driver as well.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes i tried from the website and the light is on next to the Ethernet line on the computer the line. And im currently at work so i cant take a screen shot as of this moment

37 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Did you download the driver from Gigabytes own website? Maybe try downloading the WiFi driver as well.

Yes i tried from the website and the light is on next to the Ethernet line on the computer the line. And im currently at work so i cant take a screen shot as of this moment

47 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

When you connect a cable do you get connectivity and/or activity indicator LEDs or nothing at all?

Wtih 2.5Gbit capable controllers I don't know if Windows has a pre-included driver. I would expect it does but I don't know for sure. If you haven't verified the Ethernet is working yet you might have a DOA built-in Ethernet controller.

Whats the 2.5gbit capable controller? And whats doa built in controller?

7 minutes ago, Tyoo3996 said:

Whats the 2.5gbit capable controller?

I don't know. The vendor of your motherboard doesn't make it immediately clear what the exact model number is. I'd go about checking Device Manager and Network Connections to see if the NIC is being recognized at all or if it's unknown under Other Devices.

8 minutes ago, Tyoo3996 said:

And whats doa built in controller?

D.O.A. as in Dead On Arrival. In other words. Broken. Brand new hardware showing up broken does happen from time to time.

15 minutes ago, Tyoo3996 said:

Whats the 2.5gbit capable controller?

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I don't know. The vendor of your motherboard doesn't make it immediately clear what the exact model number is. I'd go about checking Device Manager and Network Connections to see if the NIC is being recognized at all or if it's unknown under Other Devices.

It is the Intel i225-V that is (Presumably. Found the name on the driver downloads page for the motherboard.) in this motherboard.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

It is the Intel i225-V that is (Presumably. Found the name on the driver downloads page for the motherboard.) in this motherboard.

It would have been really nice had they just said that on the specifications page... 😐

2 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

D.O.A. as in Dead On Arrival. In other words. Broken. Brand new hardware showing up broken does happen from time to time.

How will i be able to test if it is DOA?

8 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I added a pic of it now