6700xt OR 6800. Difficult decision

Manuel_KLG

So, as the title says, im between buying the RX 6800 or the 6700 XT. I have ALREADY ''booked'' my rx 6800 here and a month but I have no news about the card since the store that sells it, hasnt received ANY news from the manufacturer, so it could take a month or maybe even more, for the card to get to my hands. However, I just received a call today from the store informing me that they have an 6700 XT available RIGHT NOW on the store and they have put it aside for me.Its the Sapphire Nitro+ model. So I need to make the decision on if I want to buy it or not. Some info that will help you understand my situation:

1) I will be playing games like Far Cry 5, Witcher 3, heavily modded Skyrim, Battlefield V on a monitor with 1440p resolution, 165hz

2) I have EVERY pc component ready, except the GPU. The gpu is the only thing missing from building my rig

3) I can get the 6700xt in a few days, but unknown wait time for the 6800.

4) My cpu will be a Ryzen 5 3600x

The only thing that bothers me is that the 6700xt is priced the same as the 6800. Which sucks real bad. Considering that the 6800 is like 15% better than the 6700xt. Should I buy the card? Should I pay the same price for the card to be in my hands within like 2 days? Or should I just wait (probably more months) for the 6800 to become available? I really dont know what to do. I know that this decision is mine only to make and it depends on what I want, but I would like to see what other people would do. I dont wanna take a bad decision that I will regret later on.

Also, if I buy the 6700xt, can I overclock it so that it reaches close to 6800 performance?

Thank you

If you are wondering if it will handle those games, the answer is yes. If you want to know if it is a good financial decision, yes. You can sell it for many times the price on eBay after. There is only a moral problem with that because you are becoming the enemy (a scalper). 

Remember that you and I are human and we both make mistakes. If I say something you disagree with, you don't have to fight about it.

1 hour ago, Canada Man said:

If you are wondering if it will handle those games, the answer is yes. If you want to know if it is a good financial decision, yes. You can sell it for many times the price on eBay after. There is only a moral problem with that because you are becoming the enemy (a scalper). 

Thank you. I ended up buying the 6700 xt. Bought a 50$ cheaper model (gigabyte gaming oc) than the 6800 or 6700xt sapphire plus. Hope I wont regret my choice haha