Pcie riser prevents boot

Drazon

Hiya I have been running a dual 3090 system, testing for a client of mine. And I was experimenting with a riser but the 1x to 16x riser prevents boot at all (black screen) the mobo says it is a VGA issue. I have tried all different combinations and in different slots , it was and still is fine if I just plug the GPUs straight into the board. I would have thought it was a riser issue if it wasn't for the fact that my card spins up and the riser led lights light up when on. The mobo is an Asus prime x570 pro if that helps at all. Thanks 

Seems like a riser issue, try to get a different one. it might be to long or a bad one.
Also; dual 3090 is way overkill but why put it trough a 1x riser. That seems like wasted money

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

if its for heavy intesive work, where you actually need 2 3090s Id rather recommend you to get a larger case

but this more likely fits to me in the field of mining, if its the case, try to get a mobo thats made for mining.

2 minutes ago, Wyzzy Moon said:

Seems like a riser issue, try to get a different one. it might be to long or a bad one.
Also; dual 3090 is way overkill but why put it trough a 1x riser. That seems like wasted money

it was more of a test than anything not actually using it for his pc. Yes, I know. it is way over kill.... but thats what he asked for so..... Thanks for the reply, I will try and return it then and get a new one 🙂 thanks 🙂

Just now, Haraikomono said:

if its for heavy intesive work, where you actually need 2 3090s Id rather recommend you to get a larger case

yeah got a good case dw 🙂 thanks though :))

Force PCIe3 in the BIOS with the risers.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Force PCIe3 in the BIOS with the risers.

I cant even get to bios with the rider in...

Remove the riser, change the option then put it back...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2