First build

Go to solution Solved by Omar.B,
45 minutes ago, ANME-Rimuru said:

Budget (including currency): $1200-1300 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: league of legends, cold war, minecraft mods, terraria mods

Other details:

I have a mouse and keyboard currently,ill be upgrading later on aswell so id like an upgrade friendly build too and thats about it i think?

thanks to anyone who helps much appreciated ❤️

The GPU could be the only problem so you might go with the I5 10400 no f ,if you are gonna wait for the GPU prices come back to normal + the PSU and that's it, tell me if I'm wrong or something ,happy to help! ")

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: league of legends, cold war, minecraft mods, terraria mods

Other details:

I have a mouse and keyboard currently,ill be upgrading later on aswell so id like an upgrade friendly build too and thats about it i think?

Hi, whilst I understand that you're probably eager to get into building a PC, unfortunately now might be one of the worst times to actually be trying to do so. GPU's are basically impossible to come by currently at any semi-reasonable price point meaning buying one for reasonable money is incredibly hard.

Building the rest of your PC may not be so bad, most other components have not really suffered too much and still have reasonable pricing for you to follow.

Anyhow, with your price point you will not be looking for the best of the best but can still get a good pc and easily accomplish your goals.

Whilst i'm not going to push any specific suggestions, i'd be looking at the following:

- An AMD Ryzen CPU as AMD seems to be leading in the CPU market these days with Intel struggling more and more to keep up. AMD also can sometimes offer cheaper bang for the buck performance.

- A motherboard with a good upgrade path, that is to say a motherboard that supports PCIE gen 4 and has good RAM capabilities.

- A powerful power supply  (1000+W) to ensure that you can upgrade components later on - at the moment it may be a good idea to pick up a cheaper, previous gen GPU from a site like ebay where you might get a 970 for £100 (UK) and then upgrade later on. A 970 will run almost any game, you'll just need to crank down the settings a fair amount on games like cold war. The modern Nvidia graphics cards are pretty power hungry.

- 16-32GB of RAM (3200mhz+) which you can achieve for between £100-250

Like I said, it is the worst time to be building a PC due to the current price of GPUs but either way I wish you the best of luck and I hope you manage to get what you're after.

3 minutes ago, Moz-LJP said:

Hi, whilst I understand that you're probably eager to get into building a PC, unfortunately now might be one of the worst times to actually be trying to do so. GPU's are basically impossible to come by currently at any semi-reasonable price point meaning buying one for reasonable money is incredibly hard.

Building the rest of your PC may not be so bad, most other components have not really suffered too much and still have reasonable pricing for you to follow.

Anyhow, with your price point you will not be looking for the best of the best but can still get a good pc and easily accomplish your goals.

Whilst i'm not going to push any specific suggestions, i'd be looking at the following:

- An AMD Ryzen CPU as AMD seems to be leading in the CPU market these days with Intel struggling more and more to keep up. AMD also can sometimes offer cheaper bang for the buck performance.

- A motherboard with a good upgrade path, that is to say a motherboard that supports PCIE gen 4 and has good RAM capabilities.

- A powerful power supply  (1000+W) to ensure that you can upgrade components later on - at the moment it may be a good idea to pick up a cheaper, previous gen GPU from a site like ebay where you might get a 970 for £100 (UK) and then upgrade later on. A 970 will run almost any game, you'll just need to crank down the settings a fair amount on games like cold war. The modern Nvidia graphics cards are pretty power hungry.

- 16-32GB of RAM (3200mhz+) which you can achieve for between £100-250

Like I said, it is the worst time to be building a PC due to the current price of GPUs but either way I wish you the best of luck and I hope you manage to get what you're after.

a 1000watt power supply???? Maybe for a rtx 3090 build but here nah m8. If a power supply upgrade is needed they can get one down the line but I would recommend a good quality 80+ Gold 750-850watt PSU as they are the sweet spot only costing around 120-130$

Make sure its from a reputable company.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

45 minutes ago, ANME-Rimuru said:

Other details:

The GPU could be the only problem so you might go with the I5 10400 no f ,if you are gonna wait for the GPU prices come back to normal + the PSU and that's it, tell me if I'm wrong or something ,happy to help! ")