Pc build

Timm88

Budget (including currency): 5000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  I want to play in 8k. 120hz if possible. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  i configured this but not sure if it's good.. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f3cXt8

23 minutes ago, Timm88 said:

Budget (including currency): 5000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  I want to play in 8k. 120hz if possible. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  i configured this but not sure if it's good.. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f3cXt8

Seeing your budget you might as well get an m.2 nvme SSD for direct storage for games, or just faster game load times in general. If you can't, go for a SATA SSD or multiple SSD's, or at the very least a 7200 RPM HDD.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

5 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Seeing your budget you might as well get an m.2 nvme SSD for direct storage for games, or just faster game load times in general. If you can't, go for a SATA SSD or multiple SSD's, or at the very least a 7200 RPM HDD.

Thank you. 

So the overall setup is good for 8k ? 

Will have a look at those hdd's as well

1 hour ago, Timm88 said:

Thank you. 

So the overall setup is good for 8k ? 

Will have a look at those hdd's as well

TBH I don't know how the 6800XT will handle 8k, I know the 3090 can, partly because of the enormous vram it has, and using DLSS helps too. Also, in case you decide to go for a 3090, do watch LTT videos, I think they recommend 1000W PSU or something, I don't remember, as Ampere cards have high spikes in power draw.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

15 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

TBH I don't know how the 6800XT will handle 8k, I know the 3090 can, partly because of the enormous vram it has, and using DLSS helps too. Also, in case you decide to go for a 3090, do watch LTT videos, I think they recommend 1000W PSU or something, I don't remember, as Ampere cards have high spikes in power draw.

Perfect, will check them out. Was just watching 

So let's see 🙏🙏