GPU selling.

DZONS

So i recently bought a completly new computer with graphic card and everything, and i have an extra rx 570 4gb left from the old computer

The question is, since i don't need an extra gpu, should i sell it, because i bought it like maybe 2 years ago for 60€ ((70$)), and i probably can sell it now for around 150 dollars, pretty much for double the price

Is it worth to sell it for the profit?

2 minutes ago, DZONS said:

So i recently bought a completly new computer with graphic card and everything, and i have an extra rx 570 4gb left from the old computer

The question is, since i don't need an extra gpu, should i sell it, because i bought it like maybe 2 years ago for 60€ ((70$)), and i probably can sell it now for around 150 dollars, pretty much for double the price

Is it worth to sell it for the profit?

You can make 0.00001303 BTC (0.8$) per day mining with nicehash, so maybe look into mining. 

Of course, you are betting that the pice of crypto won’t fall, but it might be worth mining.

Added bonus is that if anything happens to your main video card you can swap it out and not be too worried

14 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

You can make 0.00001303 BTC (0.8$) per day mining with nicehash, so maybe look into mining. 

you think it's worth the hussle to set it up to mine on the old computer, jus for 0.8$ per day? That's not a lot. That's about 20€ per month, not a lot.

You will get more for that card right now than you ever will again, but I'd be reticent to sell it. I'm kind of in the same boat. I picked up a 3060 Ti and I have 5600XT collecting dust, but if anything should ever happen, it gives me much peace of mind that that I can go get that one out of the closet and be up and running again, versus having to scour the used market for something in a panic.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

5 minutes ago, DZONS said:

you think it's worth the hussle to set it up to mine on the old computer, jus for 0.8$ per day? That's not a lot. That's about 20€ per month, not a lot.

The main advantage is not that it makes more money, but the assurance you will have a spare graphics card. if the value of that is less than the profit that you get on the card, then I guess you can sell it.

By the way I should add that the number of 80 cents per day is after 0.1$ per kilowatt electricity.

5 minutes ago, DZONS said:

It's really not a hassle if you just use Nicehash. You can be up and running in minutes. Whether it's worth it is questionable, but even a little money is better than no money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I'd say sell it. It'll go for a lot more than it's actually worth at the moment so you'll make a nice profit. Having an extra PC running for mining on a card like that simply won't be worth it, at least in my opinion

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

The main advantage is not that it makes more money, but the assurance you will have a spare graphics card.

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Whether it's worth it is questionable, but even some money is better than no money

5 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

, it gives me much peace of mind that that I can go get that one out of the closet and be up and running again, versus having to scour the used market for something in a panic.

i guess you two have a point.

really is a hard choice, extra profit always nice of course, but also the fact that you can store it in case if your main gpu breaks down.

though decision.

7 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

I'd say sell it. It'll go for a lot more than it's actually worth at the moment so you'll make a nice profit. Having an extra PC running for mining on a card like that simply won't be worth it, at least in my opinion

Yeah, I wouldn't keep it *just* to mine. The reason to keep it would be as a backup, and then you could mine on it to just put it to use.

The only reason I'm not mining on my 5600XT is because I really don't want to bother with mixing Nvidia and AMD drivers on the same system.

13 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah, I wouldn't keep it *just* to mine. The reason to keep it would be as a backup, and then you could mine on it to just put it to use.

The only reason I'm not mining on my 5600XT is because I really don't want to bother with mixing Nvidia and AMD drivers on the same system.

I always have mixed video drivers on my PC, for testing or even a little mining, it certainly wont hurt your PC to have both, especially if you can be mining ETH on your 5600xt.

38 minutes ago, jhawk2k18 said:

I always have mixed video drivers on my PC, for testing or even a little mining, it certainly wont hurt your PC to have both, especially if you can be mining ETH on your 5600xt.

Yeah probably. I had just heard it can be problematic, and couldn't be bother to try, just in case. I'm working from home now, so this is my daily driver. If something gets jacked up, I'm locked in until it's fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah probably. I had just heard it can be problematic, and couldn't be bother to try, just in case. I'm working from home now, so this is my daily driver. If something gets jacked up, I'm locked in until it's fixed.

Understood, stability is key! I have just had good luck maybe, but can see how it could maybe be conflicting, at the very least another .5gb in drivers alone for weight on storage, so if not really needed, no point, I'm just saying for me at least, even on my daily driver I am comfortable with it, but everyone is differrent! Best luck to you!