Help With Thermal Paste

Hey Guys, So I Got A Question On Laptop Cooling.

A Picture Is Included But I Want To Open My Laptop And Repaste The Whole Thing.

So My Question Is: The Laptop Has Some Kind Of Paste On The VRMs And The GPU Memory Chips..

The Videos Say To Use K5 Pro But I Have Never Heard Of It And Dont Trust Brands I Have Never Heard Of. Could I Use Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut On The VRMs Instead? Is There Any Difference Between The Type Of Thermal Paste Used?

Thanks For The Help Guys!

Asus GA502 Zephyrus G

CPU-GPU.jpg

DO NOT PUT Conductonaut ON THE VRMs!

The stuff on the GPU ram chips and VRMs is thermal pads. They can aften be reused, but if they are damaged you need to replace them with thermal pads of the same thinknes

17 hours ago, Benji said:

And I'll even go as far to say: Don't put any liquid metal TIM on anything that isn't extreme overclocking or where every degree counts. Every other regular thermal paste (Kryonaut, Noctua NT-H1/H2) will do you just fine and won't come with the significant risks of liquid metal.

LM can last longer on laptop, paste will be pushed away after few month and cause thermal problem.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Coulda woulda shoulda. For all I know, it is exactly liquid metal that gets pushed away and runs all over the place, not to mention that it also corrodes copper over time and not just aluminium. I would stick with regular thermal paste. There is no reason besides the short-term effect that LM gives you. LM has way too many disadvantages for it to be considered a real solution.

LM only pushed away by put it to much on cpu, you only need very little. The temp change dont make it move, the suface tension will keep it in place.

i dont know if admin accept this post... again... but i try to help....

Only K5 PRO can protect from overheating on these components and that's why all videos suggest it. Other pastes will eventually leak around and soon components will overheat. K5 PRO is a well known product with almost perfect 5 star reviews on Amazon and eBay. Also their products are top rated in various countries including UK https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.bestreviews.guide/amp/thermal-paste-for-ps4