Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone, i need some help with my pc build. I used pcpartpicker to select my pc parts but im not sure if this will fit with eachother. advice and tips are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Pc parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-core Processor.
Cpu cooler (depends on the stock cooler): Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFN Sleeve Bearing.
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING X Video Card.
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard.
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory.
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

My questions about the parts i used:

CPU Cooler: is the stock cooler good enough and is it recommended?

Motherboard: i found this very difficult to choose and still don't know what i want. what I would like is 4 USB type-A ports, but I have seen that none of the motherboards has 4 USB type-A ports, always the other there. I did read that you can just

plug some USBs into the other ports. is that true?

PSU: I still don't know if this is a good one but I have seen that beyond 650WATT is an overkill for these specs.

Case: i wanted a case with a lot of airflow and much space to work with.

GPU: I saw that the RTX 2060  can play games on 1080p high settings. that's good enough for me. only I don't know yet which brand is good. which ones did you recommend me? i was thinking of MSI, Gygabite or EVGA.

i would like to get some tips for my future build. im planning to wait till i have the money and also when gpu prices drop. thank you in advance.

Your build plan looks good and I try to answer some questions which you asked:

1. Cooler: Your cooler is good enough but the point is the airflow and enough fans to make sure cooling inside case.

2. USB: I use USB-hub to solve this problem and link USB-hub with USB3.0 port on my case.

3. PSU: 650W is good enough. And I calculate by:

(CPU-max + GPU-max + 100W)/0.7=final PSU

4. Case: I don't have any suggestions.

5. GPU: 2060 is fine and MSI or Gygabite is good. But I suggest 3060ti, if the price drop. 2060 and 3060ti are same price level, but 3060ti performance like 2080s.

7 hours ago, nissaka said:

Your build plan looks good and I try to answer some questions which you asked:

1. Cooler: Your cooler is good enough but the point is the airflow and enough fans to make sure cooling inside case.

2. USB: I use USB-hub to solve this problem and link USB-hub with USB3.0 port on my case.

3. PSU: 650W is good enough. And I calculate by:

(CPU-max + GPU-max + 100W)/0.7=final PSU

4. Case: I don't have any suggestions.

5. GPU: 2060 is fine and MSI or Gygabite is good. But I suggest 3060ti, if the price drop. 2060 and 3060ti are same price level, but 3060ti performance like 2080s.

thank you for your time. i was also thinking about the usb-hub, i will see when i need it. also gonna think about the gpu you recommended. About the cpu cooler is hard for me, some people say that its good but i need to upgrade later on. i think i will buy that cpu cooler.