Not turning On

jedylan

My PC was working fine, I had an issue with my H100i so Corsair sent me a replacement, I changed the cooler plugged the computer, and it does not turn on anymore.

The switch of the power supply is on, there are lights on the motherboard. I tried jumping the power switch, nothing. The fans don't ramp up, no error message on the mobo. 

You made sure that all the cables are plugged in all the way? When changing out the cooler you could have bumped the 24 pin, which if knock out just enough in the right way could cause the lights to light up, yet to not start up or boot loop when starting up. While you're there check the 8 pin EPS and other power cables. 

For next time, and preferably this time as well, include what specs you are using, especially the motherboard so we know what possible troubleshooting or weird quirks you might be dealing with

Yeah I was looking for the box,

Mobo ROG X470-F
Ryzen 7 3800X
64GB Ram
850W EVGA Gold 
GTX1080TI

I just tried unplugging and replugging the CPU 8Pin and 24Pin, still not turning on.

Alright, you probably need to update the bios for that cpu. 

Weirdly enough, the 5700 isn't listed in the support list but all the other ones are there. 

Edit: does the 5700x even exist in the wild?  I'll guess you have a 5600 or 5800, either way, bios update required.  

11 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Alright, you probably need to update the bios for that cpu. 

Weirdly enough, the 5700 isn't listed in the support list but all the other ones are there. 

Edit: does the 5700x even exist in the wild?  I'll guess you have a 5600 or 5800, either way, bios update required.  

Sorry I wrote the wrong Processor its a 3800x

image.thumb.png.af1afb81aedea677584325f3b7a389fc.png

Cool, you still might have to update the bios as it wasn't supported originally.

From your manual:

ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 utility is an auto recovery tool that allows you to restore the 
BIOS file when it fails or gets corrupted during the updating process. You can restore a 
corrupted BIOS file using the motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive that contains 
the BIOS file.
The BIOS file in the motherboard support DVD may be older than the BIOS file published 
on the ASUS official website. If you want to use the newer BIOS file, download the file at 
https://www.asus.com/support/ and save it to a USB flash drive.
Recovering the BIOS
To recover the BIOS:
1. Turn on the system.
2. Insert the motherboard support DVD to the optical drive, or the USB flash drive 
containing the BIOS file to the USB port.
3. The utility automatically checks the devices for the BIOS file. When found, the utility 
reads the BIOS file and enters ASUS EZ Flash 3 automatically.
4. The system requires you to enter BIOS Setup to recover the BIOS setting. To ensure 
system compatibility and stability, we recommend that you press <F5> to load default 
BIOS values.
DO NOT shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS! Doing so can cause 
system boot failure! 

19 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Cool, you still might have to update the bios as it wasn't supported originally.

From your manual:

ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 utility is an auto recovery tool that allows you to restore the 
BIOS file when it fails or gets corrupted during the updating process. You can restore a 
corrupted BIOS file using the motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive that contains 
the BIOS file.
The BIOS file in the motherboard support DVD may be older than the BIOS file published 
on the ASUS official website. If you want to use the newer BIOS file, download the file at 
https://www.asus.com/support/ and save it to a USB flash drive.
Recovering the BIOS
To recover the BIOS:
1. Turn on the system.
2. Insert the motherboard support DVD to the optical drive, or the USB flash drive 
containing the BIOS file to the USB port.
3. The utility automatically checks the devices for the BIOS file. When found, the utility 
reads the BIOS file and enters ASUS EZ Flash 3 automatically.
4. The system requires you to enter BIOS Setup to recover the BIOS setting. To ensure 
system compatibility and stability, we recommend that you press <F5> to load default 
BIOS values.
DO NOT shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS! Doing so can cause 
system boot failure! 

Computer does not post, cant do an update if I can't get into the bios menu?

Welp... I did nothing and it turned on... sorry for the trouble...

Ah, I see now that you replaced cooler.  Probably mounting pressure or the socket.  

Glad it worked for you.