Ram issue

DotzHyper

so out of nowhere my ram just stopped letting me do things.

i can open google docs and everything but as soon as i try to get in a game (warzone), i get error dev code 6065 . then my whole pc stops working. i have also tried other games, no success. my programs freeze, but i can still press the windows button and open task manager and things of that sort. i dont know if its my ram thats the issue, or the motherboard's slots. i have rearranged and even tried one stick at a time on my mobo. asus prime x470

corsair vengeance pro rgb 2x8

Have you tried to run a memory test software such as memtest86 to rule out the RAM is not causing errors? What is the rest of the build like with the processor? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Have you tried to run a memory test software such as memtest86 to rule out the RAM is not causing errors? What is the rest of the build like with the processor? 

r7 2700

corsair rm850x

asus prime x470

rtx 3070 

intel 660p 1tb

ill try a software out

Definitely try out the memory testing software. Also, do you have any memory overclocks at all?? I would try and disable them to see if you can get any stability on the system. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

12 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Definitely try out the memory testing software. Also, do you have any memory overclocks at all?? I would try and disable them to see if you can get any stability on the system. 

When I did the windows memory diagnostic, I wasnt getting any results (even when I checked the event log after doing it multiple times). And i put the ram down to 1,000 something mhz its much lower now, I never even had xmp on.

Just now, DotzHyper said:

When I did the windows memory diagnostic, I wasnt getting any results (even when I checked the event log after doing it multiple times). And i put the ram down to 1,000 something mhz its much lower now, I never even had xmp on.

It appears to be known about that issue with Windows Memory Diagnostic with results. Run the RAM at the frequency you are having issues with on. Just note that memtest86 can take a couple hours if you let it go through the 4 runs the test passes through. If you didn't have XMP on, then the RAM is running around 1066MHz, which in dual channel mode, will give ~2133MHz. 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

It appears to be known about that issue with Windows Memory Diagnostic with results. Run the RAM at the frequency you are having issues with on. Just note that memtest86 can take a couple hours if you let it go through the 4 runs the test passes through. If you didn't have XMP on, then the RAM is running around 1066MHz, which in dual channel mode, will give ~2133MHz. 

it's not in dual channel anymore, as it would reserve half of my ram when i used either of the first two slots on my mobo, and I dont have a usb to put memtest on

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

currently i have it set to 667 per stick

21 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

it's not in dual channel anymore, as it would reserve half of my ram when i used either of the first two slots on my mobo, and I dont have a usb to put memtest on

Have you tried clearing CMOS and test the system out to see if it crashes???

19 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

currently i have it set to 667 per stick

That's really low for DDR4....Hmmm, have you ever updated the BIOS on the motherboard since you have the system? This can improve memory stability and also RAM compatibility. 

Just now, SpiderMan said:

Have you tried clearing CMOS and test the system out to see if it crashes???

That's really low for DDR4....Hmmm, have you ever updated the BIOS on the motherboard since you have the system? This can improve memory stability and also RAM compatibility. 

i havent. I am on csgo right now and it's working fine. Maybe it's just call of duty thats bad? I'll try forza to see if it's just cod

Just now, DotzHyper said:

i havent. I am on csgo right now and it's working fine. Maybe it's just call of duty thats bad? I'll try forza to see if it's just cod

Well COD is usually poorly optimized, so that could be an issue there. Have you ran any stress test software such as Cinebench or 3DMark to see the system crash? 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Well COD is usually poorly optimized, so that could be an issue there. Have you ran any stress test software such as Cinebench or 3DMark to see the system crash? 

ill do both in a second. forza didnt work. it crashed at the point where i was about to go on the road into the real world (when the ram is actually needed). let me run cinebench and 3dm now

7 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

cinebench and 3dmark were fine. they never went much over 55% ram usage though. I Think that csgo is working because it doesnt take much ram

3 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

cinebench and 3dmark were fine. they never went much over 55% ram usage though. I Think that csgo is working because it doesnt take much ram

At least it's passing that. I would still update the BIOS just to ensure its not because of the outdated BIOS. 

Just now, SpiderMan said:

At least it's passing that. I would still update the BIOS just to ensure its not because of the outdated BIOS. 

ill see if theres an update available. I doubt it though. and it was working fine morning of yesterday

11 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

ill see if theres an update available. I doubt it though. and it was working fine morning of yesterday

The only other thing I can think of is a bad Windows Update that your computer installed is causing these issues. 

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

The only other thing I can think of is a bad Windows Update that your computer installed is causing these issues. 

update, my computer no longer turns on no matter what slots i put the ram in

5 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

update, my computer no longer turns on no matter what slots i put the ram in

Does the computer turn on without the RAM installed? 

2 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Does the computer turn on without the RAM installed? 

i cleared cmos its working again like how the issues were at first where i launch cod and i get error 6065, im trying to scan and repair but it keeps sayin, "Whoops, looks like something broke, give it another shot."

43 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

i cleared cmos its working again like how the issues were at first where i launch cod and i get error 6065, im trying to scan and repair but it keeps sayin, "Whoops, looks like something broke, give it another shot."

Maybe the game is broken in some way. I would try to clear the cache for it and then if that doesn't work, reinstall the game. 

53 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Maybe the game is broken in some way. I would try to clear the cache for it and then if that doesn't work, reinstall the game. 

it's forza too. Restoro is saying that there are issues with the games detected, but obviously im not spending 30$

is there a way to reinstall KERNELBASE.dll  ?

13 hours ago, DotzHyper said:

it's forza too. Restoro is saying that there are issues with the games detected, but obviously im not spending 30$

is there a way to reinstall KERNELBASE.dll  ?

Have you tried to do a file check in Command Prompt?? Run Command Prompt in Administrator mode and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. Run this and it will check Windows for file corruption and repair. 

2 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Have you tried to do a file check in Command Prompt?? Run Command Prompt in Administrator mode and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. Run this and it will check Windows for file corruption and repair. 

tried that, didn't fix