Gaming headset

TheTallGuy

Hi everyone. I am looking for a new gaming headset. I am now using the HyperX Cloud II for around 2 years and they are quite nice. The only downside is that the microphone on the headset is not working anymore and my studio microphone is also beginning to die. I was looking on the internet for headsets and I came around a few options (actually there are a lot of options). I am using a lot of Corsair stuff, so I was kinda looking for a Corsair headset. The reason for looking for a Corsair headset is that I don't have to use multiple different programms to manage my stuff (all can then be controlled via iCUE). The best Corsair headset I came across is the Corsair Virtuoso Wireless (based on reviews on the internet). Is this headset any good, and is it worth buying? I also came across the ASTRO A40TR + MIXAMP PRO TR. Based on reviews on the internet this is one of the best headsets you can buy for gaming. The only downside is that it is a lot of money. 

I hope you guys can help me with choosing a good gaming headset 🙂 

7 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

Hi everyone. I am looking for a new gaming headset. I am now using the HyperX Cloud II for around 2 years and they are quite nice. The only downside is that the microphone on the headset is not working anymore and my studio microphone is also beginning to die. I was looking on the internet for headsets and I came around a few options (actually there are a lot of options). I am using a lot of Corsair stuff, so I was kinda looking for a Corsair headset. The reason for looking for a Corsair headset is that I don't have to use multiple different programms to manage my stuff (all can then be controlled via iCUE). The best Corsair headset I came across is the Corsair Virtuoso Wireless (based on reviews on the internet). Is this headset any good, and is it worth buying? I also came across the ASTRO A40TR + MIXAMP PRO TR. Based on reviews on the internet this is one of the best headsets you can buy for gaming. The only downside is that it is a lot of money. 

I hope you guys can help me with choosing a good gaming headset 🙂 

what are your preferences ? Music ? Gaming ? Surround ? USB/3,5mm ?

11 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

what are your preferences ? Music ? Gaming ? Surround ? USB/3,5mm ?

The main goal for the new headset is gaming. I already have some good speakers on my desk to provide the music experience. Surround sound is a plus, but I don't know how much you are going to notice this in games. USB/ 3.5mm/ wireless is all fine by me. 

for gaming I'd go for something like kraken by Razor aor any other 7.1 surround headset.

Really gives the game a new depth when playing with headset like that

I have taken a look at the Razer Kraken TE and I kind of like it tbh. Like the fact that you can buy them in black, because I thought you could only buy them in that green color. I think I must accept the fact that Corsair doesn't make the best headsets🥴 Watched some video's about the headset and the reviews are pretty good.