Pre-Built Help

After a couple months trying to find a 3080 at MSRP, the cheapest way to get one seems to be from a prebuilt.  

I was able to find this build at what seems to be a reasonable price.  Anything about this that is not necessary and could be changed to save money?  

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z590-Gaming-Evo-RTX-30-Series/W/1447807

I originally tried Maingear because they seem to be the only computer company that offers a military discount but they are ridiculously over priced and no one else seems to offer one (except Alienware but I hear nothing but terrible things from them).

Thanks for the help.

13 minutes ago, ChrisspyChicken said:

After a couple months trying to find a 3080 at MSRP, the cheapest way to get one seems to be from a prebuilt.  

I was able to find this build at what seems to be a reasonable price.  Anything about this that is not necessary and could be changed to save money?  

I originally tried Maingear because they seem to be the only computer company that offers a military discount but they are ridiculously over priced and no one else seems to offer one (except Alienware but I hear nothing but terrible things from them).

Thanks for the help.

Get it, looks good to me. 

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

2 hours ago, ChrisspyChicken said:

Thanks for the help.

If you really need one of those 
yes
Are you doing a full rig uprage/update?
YK you have to buy a full system, that would include everything. And that is going to be expensive
If you feel that is worth it for a 3080, sure

1 hour ago, FinOxy said:

If you really need one of those 
yes
Are you doing a full rig uprage/update?
YK you have to buy a full system, that would include everything. And that is going to be expensive
If you feel that is worth it for a 3080, sure

Yes I am aware.  I currently don’t have a PC and wanted to get into PC gaming but was shocked at what’s going on with graphic cards and that it’s still going on for this long.  After watching Linus video on how long it’s going to take for supply to catch up to demand I figured prebuilt is my only option to get a 3080.  

I’m still struggling with the whole AMD vs Intel though.  I’m able to put together a 5600X build in ibuypower for about $100 less but was thinking intel because the 590 motherboards would be a little more “future proof” with me wanting to have this PC for 5+ years.  What do you think?

19 hours ago, ChrisspyChicken said:

Yes I am aware.  I currently don’t have a PC and wanted to get into PC gaming but was shocked at what’s going on with graphic cards and that it’s still going on for this long.  After watching Linus video on how long it’s going to take for supply to catch up to demand I figured prebuilt is my only option to get a 3080.  

I’m still struggling with the whole AMD vs Intel though.  I’m able to put together a 5600X build in ibuypower for about $100 less but was thinking intel because the 590 motherboards would be a little more “future proof” with me wanting to have this PC for 5+ years.  What do you think?

I think neither of them are especially futureproof
Intel is probably going to have still another generation of CPUs at it, but that would be pretty big question mark

If you are going with AMD, remember to cehck the memory config, because Ryzen needs that speed

I think you should start by looking at what you need, want and what are you going to need in the future
Then consider all of the options
Also a add
If you are going to go for 3080, I would advice going with a bit higher end CPU

I can give my opinion, and maybe find sources, if you want it that is