Help me choose the motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700X

1. Ryzen 7 3700x ( with cooler master hyper 212 dual fan cooler)
  2. Asrock B550m pro4/MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AM4/ or any other suggestion in this budget like asrock or msi?
  3. Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz 8*2 ram
  4. Samsung 970 evo plus nvme 500gb
  5. Seagate 1tb hdd
  6. Cooler master 750watt 80+ bronze
  7. Case: Aigo darkflash pollux
    i had a plan of buying a Ryzen 5 3600 with rtx 3060/ 3060 ti, but in this horrible gpu condition i am spending extra money on cpu and a friend of mine is renting me a gtx 1060 for the time being untill the gpu market cools down. I have not mentioned the exact budget of motherboard because in my country msi or asrock one i mentioned cost around 135 usd. so suggest me according to that.
    Thank you! Your help will be much appreciated.

Both the B550m Pro4 and B450 Tomahawk Max are pretty similar, and good boards for your system. I'd guess the Tomahawk will win by a slim margin but both will be excellent - pick the one that has the I/O and looks you want.

In terms of other options, basically everything in the C tier on the VRM tier list will perform similarly. This includes:

-most of the MSI ATX B450 boards
-most of the Asrock B550 boards (although I'd avoid the Phantom 4 because the heatsinks look very anemic)
-most of the low-midrange and mATX Gigabyte B550 boards (except the DS3H)

-= Topic moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

@Grabhanemas gigabyte is more popular, how about Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro AMD 3rd Gen Micro ATX Motherboard, would that be better one than the mentioned those two?
also as a cpu can you put some words about r7 3700x? people saying it is an overkill, insteat i should get i5 11400.
but in my case gaming is not everything, im gonna build apps with android studio, run emulators for those apps. also gonna play AAA single player games.

1 hour ago, mohsinian said:

@Grabhanemas gigabyte is more popular, how about Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro AMD 3rd Gen Micro ATX Motherboard, would that be better one than the mentioned those two?
also as a cpu can you put some words about r7 3700x? people saying it is an overkill, insteat i should get i5 11400.
but in my case gaming is not everything, im gonna build apps with android studio, run emulators for those apps. also gonna play AAA single player games.

The B550M Aorus Pro is pretty similar to the other boards mentioned - I wouldn't pay a ton more for it, but if it's around the same price it's a good deal. If you can get the ATX Aorus Pro or mATX Pro-P at the same price, those have a better VRM, but it's very overkill for your setup.

Since you're doing a lot of code compiling & workstation stuff, you'd probably see a benefit from the extra cores on the 3700X, while the 11400 would probably be better in gaming. Either one will handle either task pretty easily, though.