new keyboard

Lauen
Go to solution Solved by Lauen,

Got the Mionix yesterday, absolutely great! Overall feel is the same, but the spacebar on the Zibal.. so good compared to the 7G! very solid build, the green backlight is a more yellow-ish green, but it looks nice. the feet are super grippy, this thing isn't going anywhere. The wrist-rest isn't as HUGE as the 7G one, but it will do just fine. Only little issue is that if I use the riser feet things, the entire keyboard rests on those feet and the wrist rest. The rest of it is suspended in the air, which IMO is really.. sketchy. Not using it though, so I'm overall satisfied!

So, after.. uhm.. lemme see... a little over a year with my Steelseries 7G, I'm getting tired of it. The spacebar is a joke, it feels really sloppy and mushy, and sometimes it gets stuck. The nordic version also has a stupid setup with a tiny backspace (regular nordic is the length of two regular keys,  but this is just one, to the far right), the apostrophe key is right next to it instead of next to the enter key, the enter is key is sort of upside down compared to regular enter keys, and.. that's pretty much it. Oh, and the key for < > only works if I press it a certain way. So I'm done with this, and I want a new keyboard. I like the MX Black switches, and I've tried all the other ones, but I prefer MX Black switches.

So the requirements are the following: MX Black switches, regular nordic setup, full sized keyboard. I'd like to have backlight, but it's not necessary. anti-ghosting and key rollover doesn't really matter, but it's always nice to be able to sit on my keyboard and it will register all of the keys. Budget? I don't really have a budget, but availability is always an issue up here in Norway. you guys or gals can use this site for checking availability and stuff, if you're on Chrome, just use the built in translate, if not.. figure it out? idk. I have been eyeballing the Qpad MK-85 Pro Black, and it's cool, but I'm bad at keyboards

nordic setup is this:

n5Asy5V.png

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

This is one of the cheapest I found with all the things you wanted:

Tesoro - http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=1251180

and Cooler Master also makes very good keyboards at reasonable prices - http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=1237818

At some point or another someone will recommend you a Ducky Shine 3, so here's the cheapest one off the site - http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=2370325

and I'm guessing you have more choices here - http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=2131266

Finally, if instead of backlight you wanted higher quality keycaps, there's this Ducky with PBT (the plastic type, it lasts longer and doesn't get dirty as fast) keycaps - http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=2343247

All those are known, trusted brands I'm confident recommending :)

Note: I have no idea of the value those prices represent, sorry. If the Qpad MK-85 Pro Black is much cheaper you could go with that too. Looks like the basic body other brands like Max Keyboards and Tesoro like to use.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

snip

Well the Qpad one is 1249 or something like that, so it is in the top tier price wise.. I do love the giant wrist rest on the 7G, so the Tesoro and the Cooler Master ones do appeal more than the Ducky ones. I know Ducky is like supposed to be like überbadass, but the shops they're available at don't appeal to me, maxFPS and "spillsjappa" isn't exactly well known and established like Komplett.no and CDON.no, so there's that too. The Cooler Master doesn't appeal to me that much, I saw it IRL when I was at The Gathering 2013, and it looked.. weird. it IS like right in front of me every day, so I'd rather have the Tesoro. Which seems like it has a lot of features at a pretty decent price. Also, I laughed at how misinformed the CDON site was about the Tesoro, it said "tactile mechanical".. blacks are linear, lol.

So then it's the Tesoro vs the Qpad... I am sort of leaning towards the Qpad because the backlight is white on it, but the Tesoro costs less..

Alright Heisenbleurgh, I just realized that the Mionix Zibal 60 is avaiable for the same price as the Tesoro, and I really like the look of it and.. things..

At this point you should go with whichever keyboards appeals most to you in looks and features, build quality in general won't be extremely different between either of them.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Mionix yesterday, absolutely great! Overall feel is the same, but the spacebar on the Zibal.. so good compared to the 7G! very solid build, the green backlight is a more yellow-ish green, but it looks nice. the feet are super grippy, this thing isn't going anywhere. The wrist-rest isn't as HUGE as the 7G one, but it will do just fine. Only little issue is that if I use the riser feet things, the entire keyboard rests on those feet and the wrist rest. The rest of it is suspended in the air, which IMO is really.. sketchy. Not using it though, so I'm overall satisfied!